House renovation project

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thanks all. It's been a long project, we thought it'd be done in 6 months but a lot of unexpects happened :)

The yard is big but we can't do anything until the wisteria is under control. Even with big machine there are still tons of roots in the ground. We can't effort to do it 'safe' way more, we are going to use herbicide on it. At least the herbicide is safe to fish, it's the heavy duty one that utility companies use on power lines and such. It's pretty selective so other plants should be fine.

I already feel like home here. Only wish we have a mirror though..... No mirror in the house right now ;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I didn't know wisteria did that to trees. I would spray also

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I didn't know wisteria did that to trees. I would spray also
Addy,
It's very bad. Wisteria vine is very tough and very thick. If I use a tracktor or big machine to pull them, it won't break but till pull the smaller tree or branches down instead.

The Chinese or Japanese wisteria are the invasive. American wisteria is not bad.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The one I have has been growing 3 years, barely two branches, think I will go ahead and remove it. No clue if it is america, chinese, japanese...........

Thanks

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
American and Japanese wisteria will twine clockwise around its host while Chinese wisteria will twine counter-clockwise. But at any rate, just get rid of them!!!

Ask a Question