How are you dealing with Covid-19 (Novel Coronavirus) ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We said that here in ct as well while we don't have quite the hardcore lunacy the previous governor was aboutthe worst i had even seen anywhere the crap that came out of that mans mouth. but yeah Seattle has taken over for lunacy lecture hall 101

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Our governor issued a mandatory mask order the other day for the entire state of Ohio. We went to Lowes to look at bathroom vanities and I was dying to get my mask off! It's quite hot and humid here......I just can't imagine teachers and student wearing masks all day!

I've felt agitated the last two days, maybe from watching the news......ate a big bowl of ice cream and took a nap :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our governor issued a mandatory mask order the other day for the entire state of Ohio. We went to Lowes to look at bathroom vanities and I was dying to get my mask off! It's quite hot and humid here......I just can't imagine teachers and student wearing masks all day!

I've felt agitated the last two days, maybe from watching the news......ate a big bowl of ice cream and took a nap :)
Anyone who thinks students will wear masks in school and not be touching it and there face exposing them selves way more the without is buying into this whole gift. Odd how after three years of constant attacks there are none now

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
let's hope it stays that way for you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So my wife and I were just talking yesterday we really didn’t know anyone personally that got sick or died from Covid... just friends of friends etc and today she ran into an old friend of ours at the grocery store and her father just died from covid. It seems like the risk is lower now with the cases staying somewhat low here, but it’s still out there. I am wearing my mask all the time on construction sites I visit for work but no one else is. I gave out hundred of more expensive masks to the guys that either work for us or subcontractors and they always thank me, but I have never seen anyone wear them. When I ask there is always an excuse like I work with the same guy everyday and we know we aren’t sick. We live close to a lot of bars and restaurants. It seems like mostly the people under 30 don’t wear masks and most the people older than that do and are being careful. I wish everyone took it seriously so it would just go away. My wife and I are being careful. She is in a higher risk catagory and we both want to stay around for a little while longer!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Listening to npr the other day. They were talking about what other countries are doing for school. Small country in South America is doing 1/2 school population, 1/2 on Monday Tuesday, Wednesday is a deep clean at the school and teacher prep day, other half goes Thursday Friday. I think the other country mentioned was the Netherlands, they are starting with the youngest kids, so they can be spaced out further, and apparently kids that young are less likely to catch it, carry it, share it, some quirk of this virus. Which made me think of the Spanish flu, it attacked and killed more healthy adults than kids and what we consider the vulnerable. This virus is being seen mostly in adults that I’m seeing, few kids, and those who are dying tend to have underlying health issues.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are status quo, masks when out, dry rotting hands cleaning them. Counting down 14 days if we happen to go out into public. Minimal shopping trips, like every two months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We are status quo, masks when out, dry rotting hands cleaning them. Counting down 14 days if we happen to go out into public. Minimal shopping trips, like every two months.
Um, rotting? Hands? I'm a bit lost as to what you ment.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The hand sanitizers being mostly alcohol are drying out there skin

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Um, rotting? Hands? I'm a bit lost as to what you ment.
The hand sanitizers being mostly alcohol are drying out there skin
old skin, dries fast, even just soap and water, touch something wash, go out in public wash, gas wash, mail wash, package wash etc etc.
The skin on my hands is really dry, worse than ever before.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I've been attending a few indoor exercise classes a week. Protocols are very different , we have to sign up online and classes are limited to 10. We have to bring our own weights and mats. They've removed all the furniture and rugs inside to create more space, so we're about 12 feet apart in every direction. And there is hand sanitizer etc.

We are not required to wear a mask while working out and frankly it's very high aerobic exercise, so would be hard to breath and mask would soon be soaked in sweat. Our state has a mask mandate now, so technically we should be wearing a mask up until the moment we begin to exercise and put it back on immediately after exercising. I notice ( myself included ) most people dash from their cars to their spot, begin and dash out...without masks. This morning I encountered an instructor and she was wearing a mask till class began and said legally we should all be doing that.

If I go again this week, I will wear a mask till I begin and put it back on right afterwards. Felt kind of guilty......but then I feel guilty for even attending class....sigh.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My oldest granddaughter (nine years old) was telling me that the annoying kids all lick their hands and run around screaming "coronavirus" trying to touch each other. Remember "cooties"? Covid is the 21st century version. So all kids keeping masks on all day is pretty much a pipe dream.

Our high school district is offering to provide and PAY FOR day care for school aged kids who's parents are teachers for the days their kids won't be in school. (Our elementary and middle schools appear to be going for the two days on, two days off model) The local YMCA has offered to provide childcare... for school aged kids... who can't be in school... because it's not safe. Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? I mean I totally understand the challenge these teachers are facing - if their kids aren't in school, how are they supposed to work? But if the kids are just going to be in daycare, with the same kids who they can't be in school with... WHY CAN'T THEY GO TO SCHOOL??

Ugh. The world has gone mad. As of July 12:
  • According to the CDC, 101 children age 0 to 14 have died from influenza, while 31 children have died from COVID-19.
I've heard people say "well of course kids aren't getting Covid - we kept them out of school!" Then how did 101 of them acquire and die from the flu? And if Covid is WORSE than the flu by every marker, shouldn't the Covid deaths be higher?

There's boundless evidence that Covid is not a problem for school age children, they aren't giving it to each other, they aren't passing it to their parents and teachers... and yet schools are all closed and probably will remain closed for the near future. Why? Ask yourself why teachers unions across the country are saying "Covid is SO DANGEROUS hat we won't go back to work until you defund the police... or give more rights to illegals... or until you impose a "wealth tax"... or shut down charter schools... What do ANY of these have to do with Covid?

And hey - did anyone see the FDA report that over 50 brands of hand sanitizer were discovered to contain so much wood alcohol that they're toxic?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
old skin, dries fast, even just soap and water, touch something wash, go out in public wash, gas wash, mail wash, package wash etc etc.
The skin on my hands is really dry, worse than ever before.
Get the nitrite gloves give your hands a break

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I've been following education in our area and have not seen covid linked to defunding police etc.

Most of our area schools are like yours offering a hybrid model, some days in person, other days online. Several are asking parents to select between in person and online and commit to that method for one semester. Several schools have post pond the start of the school year due to to having AC and asking kids / staff to wear masks in the heat.

I did see the report on hand sanitizers that were bad. We checked the list and we don't have any that were listed.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Get the nitrite gloves give your hands a break
I have boxes of them, use them all of the time for working on the bees. We keep some in the car, gardening gloves outside, gardening gloves in the cars, etc etc.

Ask a Question