How big is your biggest goldfish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
and as you watch the price go up and the seconds tick by, heart pounding, breath held, price goes up up up and then stops as you hit buy!

been doing this bidding thing a loooooonnnnnngggggg time; you know what they say about me re bidding at the last second? >>>

cold-as-ice-slot-featured-image.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
heh, you actually had a 33% chance; you're forgetting there's also a Shiro Utsuri!

View attachment 146412
Duh…. How could you confuse a Shiro with a Hi or Ki Utsuri?? I have a really nice Shiro. I got him when he was just a small guy and now he/ she is getting big!
C7697F5A-74D0-4196-A9EF-41A489897D52.jpeg
He is smack dab in the middle of this pic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes I probably knew that as I mix up the Hi and Ki Utsuri Lol. Usually I double check it before I mention it. Just was a little lazy this time and took a 50% chance I would be right!
Hmmm I reread your correction. The fish is actually black and yellow so I was right about Hi Utsuri. Boy the people you meet on GPF……

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
it can be very tempting, once you 'look' outside the goldfish box. For me, I just liked the different colors and patterns. Shubbies are a great gateway to that and I had them for 8 years with little inclination to expand the herd's diversity, but yeah, once you get one, it's very hard to stop! And too, the older I get, the more I realize I don't want to have too many regrets. Seems like getting koi shouldn't be a hard decision in that regard; it's just mainly money, ya know? Can't do this with all aspects of life but this one? I can.

View attachment 146411
Hmmm I hate to have anything in common with you @ brokensword but I had exclusively goldfish for almost 10 years too before I started buying Koi. It did help that I made a substantially larger pond. I guess I’m around 3000 gallons now. Most of mine were purchased under $100 and were in the 5-6” range so I didn’t break the bank. I know Addy your goldfish were a lot cheaper!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hmmm I reread your correction. The fish is actually black and yellow so I was right about Hi Utsuri. Boy the people you meet on GPF……
not sure who's confused here; you mention your fish is yellow and black...
I don’t have any really large goldfish even though some are more than 10 years old. Here is a pic from 2 months ago. My largest goldfish are 7-9 inches. There are a few behind the black and yellow Koi. (Hi Utsuri)View attachment 146341
jus' fer edumacation purposes, Keith; yellow and black = KI Utsuri; what you have is orange/red and black = Hi utsuri as you noted.

but call it a 'hi utsuri'. I just corrected because the yellow and black are KI UTSURI. So, fish may be yellow and black but your post noted HI, not KI. Doesn't matter in the long run unless you're looking to buy the fish in question...

Am I missing something?

smiley-tongue-on-icy-pole---Xsml.gif

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine are black, red, orange, white, clearish, mixed all equal ...................wait for it....................... shubunkins! Easy naming...................

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
interesting...and disappointing to say the least...
@brokensword Oh sorry!!! …….that was so tongue and cheek. I actually find your remarks to be hilarious :) :) Your comments have certainly livened up this forum and you do seem to know quite a bit about fish and ponds. I have never disagreed with any of your “ instructions “.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@brokensword Oh sorry!!! …….that was so tongue and cheek. I actually find your remarks to be hilarious :) :) Your comments have certainly livened up this forum and you do seem to know quite a bit about fish and ponds. I have never disagreed with any of your “ instructions “.

tis okay, Keith; I'm a bit more sensitive to whether my 'fun' is bothering people here and haven't totally confirmed who's smiling or frowning at my antics. We're good, then.

And it's okay to disagree with anything I say/write; it's how we learn!

smiley-sunny-hot.gif

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
tis okay, Keith; I'm a bit more sensitive to whether my 'fun' is bothering people here and haven't totally confirmed who's smiling or frowning at my antics. We're good, then.

And it's okay to disagree with anything I say/write; it's how we learn!

View attachment 146481View attachment 146501
So does that mean if I disagree w/everything you say it makes me smarter :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So does that mean if I disagree w/everything you say it makes me smarter :p
can't have that; you're already too smart, Queenie!!!! Dumb it down some, hey? The peasants will like you more and not use so much sign language after you pass...:cool::p:eek::oops::rolleyes:

smiley-sunny-hot.gif

Ask a Question