How to plant sadge plant in the filter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi,
I read from several members that sedge plant helps with clean and clear water. I'm now interested in planting the sadge plant in my waterfall filter. I'm wondering if it's ok to plant it bareroot? The water flow is quite strong though, whould I put it in a small container with some rocks so to slow down the water flow around it? Or would it even work in the waterfall filter type. I'll also have to find one that's for shade area, any recommendation?
Thanks,
-A

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Do you mean sedge? I don't think I'd put it in the filter, if I'm understanding what you're talking about. I think it's more for "shelves" or bogs. But there are plants that work in filters. Look for floaters such as water hyacinth, water lettuce. Addy has a posting where she mentions a myriad of suitable plants.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
oh yes sedge :)

I'm going to also try to get some floaters in.. they are expensive, I've never have to buy any when I was in Thailand :( ....

Where can I find this post from Addy? and who is Addy? :)
Thanks
-A

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just cleaned a regular plant pot well and planted it in 100 % pure clay kitty litter .Google I have found floating plants at several nurseries in NC .I go down there alot .Greensboro is only an hour from me .I will find my list of nurseries there .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
kiefer is a great one in Durham lots of plants and they have great water ponds to see .I could spend a whole day there 2450 south alston ave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
jessee isreal and sons in asheville is great too .I visited it 2 years ago when I went to Biltmore.Forgot to say he sells everything for ponds also I still have his flyer in my book .He has a websight also .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just went on his sight and he has great concrete stuff also .My neighbor got a bear for by her pond from him

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
sissy said:
kiefer is a great one in Durham lots of plants and they have great water ponds to see .I could spend a whole day there 2450 south alston ave
I will try this one as it's the closest :) do they have a website I wonder.. will google it. Thank you :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
yey, it's closer to my work :) I might have to visit there tomorrow. I'm giving some of my goldfish away today, darn, I want to go today...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I could spend all day at them both .They have so much to see .I even sat by the pond and ate a peanut butter and sandwich I brought with me .I was relaxing . :cheerful: There are several others that I have visited there also .They are not real cheap but there plants are really healthy .

Ask a Question