I can see clearly now.... the algae's gone...

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Nope I appreciate it. I just had thought that since I didn't have a landing strip into the pond for them that it wouldn't be an issue but you're right, I would be sad.
Of course, unless my pond clears up again, they wouldn't see anything in it now... lol
I'm pretty content with my froggies and such.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If it comes down to it, I'll save the 3 goldfish

She is being converted!
I was kinda thinking I wouldn't need one since I don't really have a good spot for them to land. Unless I build the island. Is that wrong? I don't have sloped sides or ledges for them to hang out on.
My pond is deep, straight sides, just one end that is shallow. They sneak up and fish from the edges, deep shallow, medium, straight, curved whatever. A shallow pond just makes it easy for them to walk in and fish.

They have flown in gotten tangled in fishing line when they tried to hop over it. done headers into the pond The net is the only thing that keeps them away. They still fly over every night and morning.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is all a balance of nature, hawks eat some frogs, the heron got a few fish, mainly ate bugs and a frog or two.

But even with all of that I have frogs in every bit of water we have in the back yard, nature does balance out when it is allowed to.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It is all a balance of nature, hawks eat some frogs, the heron got a few fish, mainly ate bugs and a frog or two.

But even with all of that I have frogs in every bit of water we have in the back yard, nature does balance out when it is allowed to.

And you gotta watch those frogs - we have bullfrogs that will snatch a bird out of mid-air. Sometime two or three a day...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
DSC00563.JPG
Wow! I had no idea frogs could do that.....how kind of gruesome...and yet intriguing......time to go to "You Tube...."

I'll save you the time searching. Meet Mr. Bigg

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I pulled my filter box last night and found the bones of a dead frog. He apparently got stuck between the screen and the milk crate. I am assuming that is why my pond went dead green again and hasn't cleared. I broke down and put some algaecide in and will do a partial drain this weekend. I scooped around on the bottom and wasn't able to find any additional debris so hopefully this will clear my water up a bit.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
aww poor froggy. The excess nutrients might have done that to your water.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mozzzika

Latest Threads