I Feel Like I've Won the Lottery!

ed2

Reaction score
Wow, my luck has been in from start to finish today!

Orange (UK mobile telephone network provider) rang me today to let me know it was time to reniew my iPhone contract and I'm getting a brand new iPhone 4s that I wasn't expecting. I have looked on a mobile phone recycling site and got £230 back for my 2 year old iPhone 4 :D

So, things can't get much better than that... or at least I didn't think so until I looked on a classified advert online and on eBay and today I have acquired:
  • Compact sieve filter unit
  • Elecro Powerbead PB85 bead filter (already been offered £250 cash for this!)
  • 30W Yamitsu UV clarifier
  • Vortex filter chamber
  • Mechanical filter chamber
  • 4 x Filter brushes and media
  • 2 x 6000lph dirty water pumps
  • 1 x Aquamax 5500 pump
  • 1 x Aquamax 10000 pump
  • 1 x Hidra pressurised filter cartridge prefilter
  • 2 x High flow air pumps (flow rate to be confirmed)

Go on, have a guess how much I paid altogether for these items, all in good working order!

I'll tell you once you've had a guess :)

Sorry to brag, but oh my god I am feeling lucky!

ed2

Reaction score
£100 is $160.73 in your money but I doubt it works like that because what we pay £1 for you probably don't pay $1.61 for?

Either way it is CHEAPPPPP :D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Woooopeee! good for you Ed2 that is fantastic! got to love bargins

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Super deal! Yea, I would say it does feel like winning the lottery! heck that's a better win than I've ever had at playing! :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very well done indeed Ed. Makes up for all the money you spent setting up you pool and using all the de-chlor for the fishy water!
Maybe you should get a lottery ticket Ed like Larkin does, you might be on a winning streak. Do they have lottery there?

ed2

Reaction score
They sure do :)issued it last night sadly :( see how my luck progresses this week though! Check out this lot on eBay - item number 280876880649 I think that was a good price. The nice thing is that if the UVC and the two pumps don't work, the brushes are worth that to me on their own!!

Regards,

Ed

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow really good price! What's that big black box thing w/ the dividers in it? Must be where those brushes go. Hope all works for ya!

ed2

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what it all is as I haven't collected it yet, it's a good excuse for me to escape my essays... Writing about pharmacology and emergency management of the unconscious patient... Yuk! Lol

I'll post a picture when I get it all! I'm lucky because I was going to have to drive 170 miles each way to get a load of the stuff, but it turns out my house mate is helping his mum move into a house just a 20 minute drive away so I just keep landing on my feet at the moment :D

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
You know I'm real excited for you, can't wait for you to get that pond up and running, but must warn you that this can turn into a life long addiction, I too started in my very early twenty's, now I'm 46 and the pond addiction has spread all over the yard, three ponds at the south side of house, pond in my little greenhouse, little pond out front, now I just need a stream to connect them all together and then all I have to get a drawbridge to get to my castle! Ha Ha Ha! Going for "pond addiction" therapy soon:)

Ask a Question