I inherited a swamp. New to ponds...

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I bought a house in November 2007 and inherited a pond that was about 15 x 7 and 2 feet deep. It had a submerged pump that discharged over a large rock and no other filtration. Several weeks ago a friend of mine who is a Koi guy and I replaced the liner, added a Savio skimmer and waterfall with the 2050 pump. We also dug one end an additional foot to 3 feet deep. I also have a uv light that I haven't installed yet. For the last couple of weekends I've been installing the edging and now I just have to finish the edging stones on the waterfall.

I added six goldfish - 2 comets, 3 sarasa and a shubunkin on Father's Day. All are between 5 and 7 inches and seem to be doing well. I want to add additional fish and have considered the Chinese Hi-Fin banded shark, Flagfish and Bitterling for variety and algae cleaning. Will these fish thrive here? Does anyone have any other suggestions for a pond in the northeast?

I hope to finish this weekend! I'm tired of moving rocks around. Looking forward to your comments...

PEBCPA

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Koi would be good..:icon_mrgreen:
Welcome to the forum

Ask a Question