I need help choosing the right aerator for my pond!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Wow, Mike, nice!(y)
Wet suit, though? BRRR:D
Dry suits would probably be overkill for a once every few year dive though.:)

I guess that compressor needs to be brought in for the winter.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ahhhhh! So YOU have my pond! We had a wooden bench blow in the pond a few years ago - just reached down and pulled it right out... that's the kind of pond I have! You're living the life!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I just purchased another diffuser for my lower pond, along with 100 feet of weighted line.
http://www.livingwateraeration.com/epmd1.html
I also ordered some fish.
100 6-9 inch Rainbow Trout
20 3-5 inch Brown Trout

There hasn't been any fish in the pond for about 4 years. I believe there is lots of food for them, already in the pond. I am very excited about this.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I just purchased another diffuser for my lower pond, along with 100 feet of weighted line.
http://www.livingwateraeration.com/epmd1.html
I also ordered some fish.
100 6-9 inch Rainbow Trout
20 3-5 inch Brown Trout

There hasn't been any fish in the pond for about 4 years. I believe there is lots of food for them, already in the pond. I am very excited about this.

Are you also going to stock any minnows for forage or do you have formulated feed for them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Are you also going to stock any minnows for forage or do you have formulated feed for them?
I feed them Zeigler finfish gold 5mm floating pellets. They love it. (I posted a feeding video in the pond thread yesterday) I don't even allow anyone to use minnows as bait, when fishing. It's a pet peeve of mine to keep the fish population 100% trout.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am very pleased with it, Mitch. It's funny you mention the sound. The aerator is fairly quiet. The cover vibrates against the base. They placed a small amount of adhesive padding. I just bought more today, to stop the vibrating sound.
I'm glad I bought a slightly oversized one. I will be curious to see if it maintains the same amount of pressure, when I hook up another diffuser to it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I went diving in the lower pond, yesterday. I got the new diffuser set in place. I need to order a dual fitting for the compressor . I'm surprised they didn't mention this, when I ordered the second diffuser, There was an obvious thermocline a few feet from the bottom. 40 degrees at best below the thermocline. I should have worn gloves.

Ask a Question