(Im)possible Restoration?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
foam is not water proof for a leak . or are you referring to redirecting the water to stay visible and not slip under the rocks

Reaction score
Country
United States
I get that. I mean the redirect of water so it (mostly) spills over the large spillway rock, and not underneath it. I'm guessing a few minor leaks under the rock won't do much to kill the waterfall flow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I get that. I mean the redirect of water so it (mostly) spills over the large spillway rock, and not underneath it. I'm guessing a few minor leaks under the rock won't do much to kill the waterfall flow.

Try levering the rock up and shooting your foam (or pl-30 roofing caulk) under it. A big fat bead. Works better than trying to just foam the gap.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Leave the old liner. Poke holes in it and lay the new one over it.

You don't need to completely remove the big stones, just lift one side.
Use a big crow bar and a fulcrum to slightly lift the heavy stones on one side while someone else slips the new liner underneath. It's an ancient proven method.
Just don't let the other person stick their hands under there. You don't want any accidents! Have them use a blunt tool that won't harm the new liner.

If you can't use the lever method, use a block and tackle off a gantry.
Or, an engine lift (cherry picker).
Any of these can be rented or bought.

Ask a Question