Impatiens in the waterfall

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Is it growing in water?

It is! I "planted" it by sticking it in between two rocks, root end in the water. It was just a three or four leaf fan when I got it. Didn't take long for it to take off. I've divided it three or four times already - and by "divide" I mean attack it with a spade and hope to emerge the victor! Irises can really get out of hand if you aren't careful.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Love the plantings in your pond @Lisak1 !

You mean "Welcome to the jungle!" Haha! it's amazing how much things can grow in a few short months, isn't it?? I mean, look at this picture from March - nothing! Warm weather causes an explosion in my back yard!
March 2018.JPG

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I always refer to your pond pictures when I want to add plants to and around my pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I always refer to your pond pictures when I want to add plants to and around my pond.

You are too sweet!

Do you have cardinal flower around your pond? We thought ours had completely died this year, but late in the summer discovered a whole new group of plants that reseeded themselves in a different location - I was so excited! I love my cardinal flowers and so do the hummingbirds!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
No I haven't tried cardinal flower. The one side of the pond is starting to get more shade and I am actually replacing some of the flowers with hosta.

Ask a Question