Improving pond esthetic

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think the not level theory is a good one maybe not as easy to fix though. I think my next step will be adding more soil on that right side and try planting some creeping plants. Thank you so much for the tips and ideas. I’m thinking this will turn in to a fun hobby!
Yeah, if it has sunk down under the weight of the stones on the waterfall end, it may be a lot of work to raise it up

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
preforms always sink and settle and rise up .It is caused by ground water and could be caused also by all the plant roots .It looks like the waterfall rocks are holding it down on that end and the plant roots are pushing the other end up

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I use brick corners to cover the edges of my preform container frog ponds. This is an effort to prevent lizards from drowning as they can't get out of the water because the edges are too steep and slippery. They do cover the edge and make the pond more attractive. To lower cost I have been cutting my own from red clay brick with a tile saw. The ones I buy are nicer because of the variety of available colors.

Attachments

• P1030676.jpg
    P1030676.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 208
  • P1030684.jpg
    P1030684.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 228
  • P1030689.jpg
    P1030689.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 219
Reaction score
Country
United States
I use brick corners to cover the edges of my preform container frog ponds. This is an effort to prevent lizards from drowning as they can't get out of the water because the edges are too steep and slippery. They do cover the edge and make the pond more attractive. To lower cost I have been cutting my own from red clay brick with a tile saw. The ones I buy are nicer because of the variety of available colors.
I was looking for some kind of rock product or rock look product like that. I was thinking something that could just fit over the edge, I had no luck in my search but that’s when I found this forum!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It looks like the area I have the red line is the low area. It is too dark to see under the water fall well. If that is the only low area you can push it up, gently, and pack dirt behind the liner. I have done it before to raise a edge on a preform.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I saw here at our lowes that they have L shaped block but it was only at the Martinsville lowes .I think they were made for the finish on a retaining wall top .I also know there are video's of how to make them on you tube

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I also thought about those nice fake stones they make for fireplaces and backsplash's .You could epoxy them into an L shape and adhere them to the edge of the pond .You wouldn't need more than 3 or 4 sheets and taking them apart is easy .

Reaction score
I think I could raise the soil level. I really don’t know enough about it to raise the water level. The level in the picture is where it naturally levels out. I might need to figure that out. Thank you!
Unless it is unlevel the water could be raised to the top and it would look better. Gluing rocks doesn't sound like a good idea. Another thought is all the hard work is done and it wouldn't take much effort or money to replace the soild tub with a rubber liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Use some of those large flat slabs that you have on top of that wall and place them cantilevered over that exposed right hand side. Have them sticking way over the water with a bunch of heavy stones on top of the part that sits on the soil to weight them down. You could also stack them in a stepping formation backing away from the pond. It would look better than just stacking random stones.

Last edited:

Ask a Question