Increase filtration

Reaction score
Hi everybody i am after some advice. I have taken on a pond that was here when i moved in. Its a pond with some koi and also other fish. Its about 30,000 ltrs. There is a Superfish eco plus 20,000 pump and a fishmate pressurised uv and bio 45000 filter. Everything seems to be working ok, all fish seem healthy and quite content but dont think there is quite enough filtration. Can i simply add another of the same type of filter straight after the existing filter in line or is it not that simple. I would appreciate any advice on how to increase filtration. Thanks. Unsy

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Howdyfrog33-1.gif
Unsy
I don't have koi, just goldies and no filter right now but there are some DIY ones on the forum that lots of people like. Some use nice bogs for there only filter.

Reaction score
The first question should be what are you trying to filter? There are filters for removing different things.

However many people do just kind of like the idea of filters, not for a specific purpose but just to feel better. If that's the case any filter should work fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Unsy, Welcome! I don't think adding another one inline will do much. You will be reducing your waterflow with the second filter so you will be filtering the water more but filtering less water. It's not clear why you want to filter it more. There are a lot of alternatives that are much better than more filters. Why do you think it needs another filter? If the problem is algae or green water there are other strategies that you can use. Please give us more details.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Welcome to the Forum !!!
I would split the flow and feed the new filter separately ,

Ask a Question