inground pool installation

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi! I live in Boston. We recently renovated our house and now we are planning to install an inground swimming pool in our yard. Is fibreglass pool a good option?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm confused. You have a Canadian flag in your avatar box, you live in Boston, you're on a pond site and asking about a f/g swimming pool.
I can only relate my personal experiences, but we had a 16' X 32' inground pool that we converted to a water garden/pond and it was one of the most satisfying things we've ever done and we've never looked back. The chemicals, time, and maintenance to keep a pool "sparkling clean" for the amount of time we actually used it in this region was a very costly affair.
If you were considering a pond, there are a host of knowledgeable, helpful people here that really know what they're talking about and would be happy to share their thoughts in that regard. I think concerning a swimming pool there are sites that would provide you with more in depth :))) info that may better serve your needs.
Welcome to the Garden Pond Forums! Could we interest you in a pond?(y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Hi! I live in Boston. We recently renovated our house and now we are planning to install an inground swimming pool in our yard. Is fibreglass pool a good option?

Being this is a pond site I'm not sure how far this will go. I have a pool, 35 years old and totally renovated and rebuilt it 3 years ago. My son in law just put a state of the art pool in. Both our pools are salt water with the Hayward generator. Best thing I can say is, though they used a 28 mil vinyl liner as I, the company poured a 10" wide cement wall reinforced with mesh and rebar. The bottom is a poured vermiculite. the cement was finished and smoothed like I've never seen and the walls then had 1/2" foam taped in before the liner was dropped in. Fiberglass is used when built off site and you can't get one larger than 16' wide. Vinyl liner pools can be any shape or size and customizable. Liner lasts about 10-14 years. $3000 to change. That's just a briefing! I know they use fiber glass but I don't know anyone who has done it.

Here a good link >>> http://www.poolsoffun.com/owner_com...inyl-liner-pools-vs-concrete-or-gunite-pools/

Ask a Question