2 double gang boxes to the pond, 8 plugins all GFI

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
OMG that's perfect sir!!!!!!!!!. If I can't find locally I'll buy that. IF they ship up that is.

I refuse to pay $26.95 for a plastic cover plate! It's the principle too. Like Trump says, "I might be rich but I like to get deals or save money too".

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I found one locally for $18 that is 3 1/4 deep, will that work Ok?

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow pulling 2 100ft lines of fat underground rated wire through 3/4" pvc is no fun task lol. But it's done, now to hook it all up. So close now :razz:

I should have done 12/3 :lamp5:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow pulling 2 100ft lines of fat underground rated wire through 3/4" pvc is no fun task lol. But it's done, now to hook it all up. So close now :razz:

I should have done 12/3 :lamp5:

or bigger pvc!

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Actually it was 100 ft with the pvc and 100 ft in the basement, as panel is opposite end of house.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep understand we have long runs, not that bad, but long

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
Yes 12/3 would have been easier, but you live and learn. My panel is on the back wall of my basement which faces the backyard so it wasn't hard getting power.

I understand what you mean by it pulling hard. In construction we used a tugger which had up to I think 14,000lbs of force. I wasn't on the motor end very often, but when I was it was neat. It had a gauge on it to tell us how much force was being used by how many wraps of rope we had on this cone shaped drum. We always used lots of wire lube and lots of brute force when feeding the wires in the pipe.

At least you are almost done. I'm sure it will look good when you get it done.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I actually didn't pull it all they way through all the pvc yet. Just through the house. PVC was to hard. So I go back and return all the 3/4 and give the guy hell for all my pain and suffering. Now he said use lube? What no one mentioned lube. Still to too tight. It was hell just getting 2 NMwu 12/2 through the wall LB.

So I talked to another guy and he said yes the other guy was wrong to say run 2 nmwu at 3/4, should be min 1". He also mentioned forget conduit. Just do direct burial, it lasts longer, What the heck??

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I wouldn't use a LB with romex.

I used direct burial romex and was so easy. Just dig trench, put in romex and bury. A LB will be too tight for romex. Have only used thosr when pulling single wires.

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
From the ground to the house connection, what do you suggest if no LB? Ever see water inside the pvc underground? Direct burial lasts longer?

brandonsdad02

They call me Ryan
Reaction score
I would mount a AC disconnect right over the hole where the wires come out of the house. Not the kind with fuses but a regular pull out disconnect. Run your wires out the bottom and go to the pond. I say disconnect because its so much easier to walk over to it and kill the POWER to the pond by pulling that out than having to run inside and flip breakers. You can expect to have water in pvc. I haven't seen a underground pvc line that didn't have water in it. Yes it does last longer.

Ask a Question