Is my coy sick? Help!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
of coarse they will say to not remove the fish from the pond and to treat the whole pond...they get to sell you all the stuff to treat it. especially,not knowing what exactly your treating. isolating the infected fish is much cheaper. and visual inspection is easier. i couldnt see anything in the pics that was clear enough to make any kind of educated guess. a strong salt dip then bath does more than a lite salt treatment in the pond. and feeding medicated food, assures absorbtion into the bloodstream. treating the water is more a topical treatment...just my 2 cents.

Well he is moving around the pond now and that is a change from sitting in one place at the bottom. I got another look at it today but of course I forgot my camera. It really is just red. No warts or marks just red. As far as the treatment goes I was overruled by the boss. (yes my wife now shut up :D ) The pond lady did say there would be improvement tomorrow so I'm watching. If it doesn't work I will take over.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well glad to hear there is improvement for him anyways. Lets hope it was just a sore that will heal up soon. Wishing you much luck!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Ok have some more shots finally.

The lady at the store said to feed them today which we did and he did eat!

Here are some better pictures. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate some input!

2011-09-20_19-27-12_403.jpg

2011-09-20_19-26-55_967.jpg

There is white in the middle of all of these sore spots. I'm hoping that means its healing. He does have one spot on the other side but its very small.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Do you think it looks like the sore is healing? I hope so. I wonder if something bit him.

This is what is over them 24/7

Honestly I don't know what else I can do to protect them if it was an animal. If anyone sees a chink in the armor please tell me

2011-07-03_19-21-44_338.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I am sorry to report my Coy died.

It was a surprise because we thought he was getting better. He ate every day and was swimming around more.

Below is a picture.

WARNING!!!!! If you have problems with seeing one of our deceased friends do not scroll down any further!!!

For those in the know, does this picture show what he died from so I can combat it in the future?

2011-09-29_16-52-13_330.jpg

Ask a Question