MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@qclabrat Yes, it is posted across 4 pages in @Gemma's thread: Do you have a greenhouse? at https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/do-you-have-a-greenhouse.22332/

The most important consideration for a winter greenhouse if you live in a cold climate...and I see you are Zone 6a...is to insulate the ground in the greenhouse. Insulating the walls, etc. is relatively easy, but if you don't insulate the floor, you'll lose a ton of heat through the floor. There are many ways to insulate the floor...even use it as a heat sink. I am partial to the two methods here...especially the "Swedish Skirt" method if you can't dig a regular foundation because of the ground placement or to save $$ https://www.ceresgs.com/solar-greenhouse-basics-insulating-your-foundation/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
We have built greenhouses in the past from cattle panels using metal fence posts on the sides to hold the cattle panels in the proper curve. Presently, in a cold climate, we dug into the ground 42" to take advantage of the relatively warm year round temperature of the earth. I do supplement the light with cheap LED grow bulbs.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just use regular leds bought from habitat
101_2094.JPG
101_2093.JPG
for humanity