Is this water fountain causing too big of a commotion?

shanezam203

Rookie
Reaction score
I have a large pump in the middle of my pond that has a 5 foot PVC pipe on it creating a fountain and the other 50% water comes back to the waterfall and through the media to be filtered. I can adjust the valve and have less spray out and divert more to the waterfall if needed but I like it nice and high.

It's creating a little bit of current and rockiness in the water because the water level is just above the opening for the PVC. would you turn it down some so it's a little less choppy for the Koi?

2017-07-16 10.09.33.jpg

dustboy

Nattering Nabob
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Why not go all-out Bellagio style?;)

fo11.jpg

JK. I like the idea of one tall spray on each end.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_6698.JPG
IMG_5828.JPG
IMG_6161.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_6651.JPG

I am so happy to see this post..... Finally a pond like mine..... Looks like the same blocks..... On subject.... I have a strong waterfall which produces a strong current until it hits the aerator and that kinda negates the current. Anything past my skimmer is pretty still water..... My Koi as long as the sun is not out hangs out in the current trying to catch something to eat but if the sun is out they hang out under the lilies

Last edited:

Ask a Question