Isolating our pump was not a good idea

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
My fridge hoarder wife was a Stepford girlfriend but she morphed back into her real form the day after we were married. Since then, she has evolved into her Mom!

If mine ever devolves into her mom, I'm out of here! :vamp:
John

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
What do you use for a 'prefilter'? Mine just goes into a pressure flo, should I have something else before that?

Thanks.

Sorry I just saw your post here Priscilla.
I use this prefilter that Colleen turned me on to. It just attaches to my tubing to my pump and then outflow goes to the waterfalls that I am going to make into a bio filter as the falls have a basin where I can throw in some plastic bottle lids.
Here is the prefilter and I stuck two together to make a big one. They just screw together easy.

IMG_5385.JPG

Reaction score
Sorry I just saw your post here Priscilla.
I use this prefilter that Colleen turned me on to. It just attaches to my tubing to my pump and then outflow goes to the waterfalls that I am going to make into a bio filter as the falls have a basin where I can throw in some plastic bottle lids.
Here is the prefilter and I stuck two together to make a big one. They just screw together easy.

View attachment 67720

Confused. Does that go in side something?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Check out Colleens thread on her ponds and she can show you a video of how hers is working. Ponds in Canada or My pond runs all winter..........something like that. Ask her to show you where it is.
Nope it just attaches to a tube from my pump. It lays on the pond floor and sucks up gunk. http://www.matalausa.com/prod48.html

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I don't like the those type of pumps either. I have a pump with an intake hose and I attach 4 prefilters to it. When the prefilters get gunked up, I take them out and clean them. I hardly ever touch the pump.

I used to have a pump without an intake hose and I had to lift that thing up every so often by the cord and that was a PITA. Pumps without intake hoses should be against the law.
What pump do you have?

Ask a Question