Just met Greg Wittstock where he informed me I was chosen as his Dyi for 2023 winner/

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
The Man is as nice in person as he appears online.

Very humbling being chosen by the king of ponds as the Aquascapes Dyi pond of the year.

Now the delema do I stop building a nibble away on the winning with food and a replacement pump some more lights.
Or do I add on and turn this Mercedes into a Bently

Either way very humbling. Especially when I asked what he would have done differently with my pond and he said he would use larger pots for my lilies. Now there is a compliment and a half.I

Whooohooo! What marvelous news to find waiting when I logged back in again!

I was almost certain he would choose your pond as the winner. That's got to be one of the most beautiful ponds he's seen, let alone done by one person. And finally, we get to see the whole thing and how it all fits together! Well done!!!

Oh, and yeah, nice bike parked in the driveway back there!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Congratulations!! We all knew it was a great pond! I'm so happy for you.
So, are you going into business building ponds? ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Congratulations!! We all knew it was a great pond! I'm so happy for you.
So, are you going into business building ponds? ;)
He said I past the first test being a complete setup. I guess you have to build three ponds that past muster. I'd settle for getting a frog that I could display. I'm not a chachi kinda guy but I'd display that.

Thanks @cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Whooohooo! What marvelous news to find waiting when I logged back in again!

I was almost certain he would choose your pond as the winner. That's got to be one of the most beautiful ponds he's seen, let alone done by one person. And finally, we get to see the whole thing and how it all fits together! Well done!!!

Oh, and yeah, nice bike parked in the driveway back there!
Thanks @YShahar.
We only had a couple hours at the pond I thought for sure he had just come out to check it out. The man is good at his job. I can't believe he put me onto his live fb feed ohh how that's not my wheel house.

Your oasis creation is coming along rather nicely as well.

When live You get what you get you can't take it back.
Wanted to ask him so many questions hardly got a single one answered. Damn airline delayed one flight getting here about an hour and a half.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Thanks @YShahar.
We only had a couple hours at the pond I thought for sure he had just come out to check it out. The man is good at his job. I can't believe he put me onto his live fb feed ohh how that's not my wheel house.

He's definitely good at his job, and knows what his social media subscribers like to see. That ability to bring their ideas to a wider audience is a great part of Aquascape's success, I think. So many people have learned how to build better ponds from them, and of course, bought the various Aquascape products to make it easier. Win-win.

I bet that was quite the pleasant surprise, being told you'd won right then and there!

Your oasis creation is coming along rather nicely as well.

Thanks! Summer dormancy is setting in for most of the garden, but the pond plants seem to like this heat. I had hoped to have the bog finished and working by now, but life happens. Not to mention great bloody rocks!

When live You get what you get you can't take it back.
Wanted to ask him so many questions hardly got a single one answered. Damn airline delayed one flight getting here about an hour and a half.

You may well get to ask those questions later, now that the ice is broken. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes another visit at some point, or invites you to come to one or another of the company events. Who knows! Just nice that the visit went smoothly and you got such wonderful news! Your pond is now world famous!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He's definitely good at his job, and knows what his social media subscribers like to see. That ability to bring their ideas to a wider audience is a great part of Aquascape's success, I think. So many people have learned how to build better ponds from them, and of course, bought the various Aquascape products to make it easier. Win-win.

I bet that was quite the pleasant surprise, being told you'd won right then and there!

Thanks! Summer dormancy is setting in for most of the garden, but the pond plants seem to like this heat. I had hoped to have the bog finished and working by now, but life happens. Not to mention great bloody rocks!

You may well get to ask those questions later, now that the ice is broken. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes another visit at some point, or invites you to come to one or another of the company events. Who knows! Just nice that the visit went smoothly and you got such wonderful news! Your pond is now world famous!
Don't think iI mentioned in here he has a private group for his cac contractors I have received three messages from a couple of them wanting to come see the pond they are some what local and appears Greg told them the finish details were to be seen . and they have asked if they can come see the pond. Now there's a compliment

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What a Great online celebration! GBBUDD you look exactly the same in person as I imagined you from reading you on the forum.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not sure if that's good or bad but people are always shocked when they hear I take I
Pictures of birds kitty cats and flowers and to top it off that I have a koi po d I get the strangest looks

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not sure if that's good or bad but people are always shocked when they hear I take I
Pictures of birds kitty cats and flowers and to top it off that I have a koi po d I get the strangest looks
LOL! All good, kitty cats? Now birds and fish I understand. Most people bore their friends and family with pics of their grandchildren. Mine get the latest photos of my fish. " Oh my, they are certainty growing big " 😁 😁

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
The Man is as nice in person as he appears online.

Very humbling being chosen by the king of ponds as the Aquascapes Dyi pond of the year.

Now the delema do I stop building a nibble away on the winning with food and a replacement pump some more lights.
Or do I add on and turn this Mercedes into a Bently

Either way very humbling. Especially when I asked what he would have done differently with my pond and he said he would use larger pots for my lilies. Now there is a compliment and a half.I

That is awesome. Congratulations. I watch his YouTube Channel a lot. That’s impressive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wow congratulations!!!

Just watched the video - truly awesome what you’ve created there 😲

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Greg impressed me a very personable guy.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Congratulations!
I remenber my answer to your first kind reply and after looking pictures of your super pond "I'd like to be a koi in that pond"
I maintain that opinion.
Thanks for being a reference to any pond fan!
Thanks @antonio the more I hang here the less ideas I get to build on next to the pond. And there are two things I could do to the pond that would both add to the visual design but also help to cut back on energy costs. Seeing as Connecticutt electric rates are highway robbery.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Imagine how surprised I was to come across a video of you and your wife sitting along side your beautiful pond on TikTok!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have received three messages from a couple of them wanting to come see the pond they are some what local and appears Greg told them the finish details were to be seen . and they have asked if they can come see the pond. Now there's a compliment
Charge admission! It can help fund the next addition you make to your pond.

Ask a Question