Kids want highband sharks

Reaction score
Country
United States
First thing i want to say i am new to this forum and it looks super awsome
Im in Washington state and have 2 1000 gallon ponds and the dang kiddos wont leave me alone about getting a couple highband sharks. If anyone has 1 or 2 they would sale id be very interested

Thanks
Louis

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Louis! You might be able to find them on-line. Just keyword Myxocyprinus asiaticus and I think you will find what you are seeking. But they get tremendously large and your water temp in the winter might be sort of cool for them. Anyway, welcome and let us know how it works out.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks. Yea i just want something like 5 to 6 inches. We have alot of friends with them here aswell i would just take them to a bigger pond after so long. Thank you for the welcoming

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1589577930801.gif
@Louis.a.villagomez
I don't think they will do very well in our winters here in Washington but not sure how cold our pond water gets. I read if your water temp in winter goes below 40 it can stress the fish out and they can die. If it stays around 50 and no lower they say they do ok. Someone said the bigger they get the hardier they are. Maybe take them inside in winter or put a cattle heater in the pond?

Ask a Question