koi disease

Reaction score
Hi
After four years enjoining my pond, came the time to renew the pond linner for leaks. The movement of 17 koi was fast to a little wood pond ( for 2 hours) and bring my koi back to the new water but without the necessary time for develop the ecosystem or the better performance of it. Result ? Fungus. 5 dead for now(2 today).
I tried with Terminate Rx and Melafix .
The red fins in Comets dessapeared ...good
But the littler ulcers in koi became an aggressive fungus.
There is not a complete guide on how to treat valuable fish. The prospects of the medicines described a treatment for three days. And then?
I do not understand why we have to leave our animals die ? What looked like a single grain of rice on the tail of a fish claimed the lives of 5 other.

Reaction score
IMG_0613.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 218
Reaction score
Thanks but what you said in the forum on the subject,which would be a final solution or we digress without knowing .......
This is my pond

Attachments

• IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 251
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
You would have done far better by giving them a salt bath see Andy 41's thread about the subject which is the most recent fungal thread.
Do this for a few days then treating the pond with a good anti fungal baxterial treatment.because fungus on one or two fish can quickly spread and cause fatalities if not brought under control
Melafix was the wrong treatment for this I'm affraid, infact the more I hear about this treatment the less it seems to be successful at treating anything its been touted as being able to treat..
It is caused primarally by poor water quality , bacterial infection , netting damage, poor diet and or parasites
The fungal spores will exploit damage to the mucus covering of your koi .
I think in doing what you did to your pond you've tipped the ballance in the Fungus's favour.
Your going to have to do some serious work in correcting your ponds issues at the moment to see it being rid of .

Dave

Ask a Question