Koi eggs laid Monday April

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
wow matt, you got mostly kohaku, and very little black, i got a good bit that have some black on them to a certain degree, only ended up with three solid and they are all yellow. it a lot of fun watching them at this stage, not as much work as with the fry and it seems like at least one or two make changes daily or at least every few days.

Reaction score
Everybody smash up in the corner I'm gOnna Take a group shot no idea but they really like this corner enjoy
46101340.jpg

c3acc261.jpg

Reaction score
Some of them are really red already im stoked some in the backyard are well one of them has a really clean black spot so I guess in sanke black shows up last as opposed to Showa wich start out black and get other colors after anybody know anything about color development id love to hear any advice on that

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh now there's a good look at them w/ that clear closeup photo and we can see each of their color patterns nicely! Pretty fish!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Looks like you have a possible 3 and 4 step Kohaku in that pic, or could end up being that. And, I saw several in the last group pic with definite black markings showing up. The close up there are several red with black, too. Really getting interesting!

Reaction score
@ country I have like 3 or so good looking kohaku and a few not so perfect but yea for and accidental spawn I'd say theese results seem to be really good but they change weekly last weeks best is not necessarily the best this week.
Well finally got my grow out put setup and filled I'll probbly give it a week or so to adjust before I see if it's gonna kill my fry from what I gather it's fish safe enough after a week and some water treatments also got the chickens cooped so here's where the bet 30 fish will be for the next few months until it gets to cold which it never does mind u I live in new Orleans finally heres pics of te setup hope y'all enjoy

898f38e2.jpg

1bafaf6c.jpg

The goal here is to get the koi in this tank up to 10 inches in the first year so we shall see stick around this could get awsome

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They all look nice to me but I don't know much about the grand boompa's of the koi kingdom!

Ask a Question