Koi eggs laid Monday April

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
If you wanted to build a garage or add onto your house, they would have to move the phone line, so try asking the phone company what it would take to move it. Good luck!

Reaction score
If you wanted to build a garage or add onto your house, they would have to move the phone line, so try asking the phone company what it would take to move it. Good luck!

That is some solid wisdom just call them and say u cut it by accident I know u didn't but If u say u did they will come out sooner then if u say it's fine also if it is only phone line IRS easy to relocate so do what I do lie lmao they will come if a customer can't get service, but a weekend worrier project aisnt gonna make them run out to Check it good luck. Update koi are now 40% solid color 60 multi color and a few maybe 10 showing the start of asagi tops cross talks fingers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Umm ... I'd be careful saying you cut the line, especially if that line runs to any other house but your own. You're supposed to "call before you dig" and if you cut lines that you didn't have marked by the companies, they can charge you out the butt! Sounds like he already has the lines marked, so now it's a matter of getting them moved. I have phone lines that I don't use, so in my case, and since I'm in the country and only my house would be affected, I would cut through them. But, if you are in a subdivision, I'd be really careful about cutting the lines. At least ask the phone company what would be best! If you don't use the lines and don't need them, and won't in the future, then by all means cut the suckers and build your pond. LOL

Reaction score
First of I wanna say not to sound like a know it all because I know I don't know it all but my family does real-estate buying fixing up and renting out but if u want the gas electric or water company to come out on ur time ur best bet Is to nake it seem like u cut it just say I was diggin a pond and I might of cut ur line they come our ASAP because that effects their bottom line having a customer and ur line from the pole to ur house is a dedicated line to u so dont cut it just lie. Case and point we have a few doubles it's basically a single family home with to front doors and two units well we had a leak in the front yard the water company we called everytime a new tenant came in and complained and told the water people hey we have a small leak and it makes the yard swamp up for grass cutting and it also makes a constant puddle in the sidewalk they never came for years until the leak went from 50 gallons a say till it eventually really busted all the way sure enough they came out when they were called and informed that it was gushing then they fixed it so yea but country could be right but either way don't cut it keep digging and inform them and maybe by the time u have it all the way dug out they should come out and relocate it because at the end of the day its your land and they are a service provider so if they wanna sell u their service they need to re run ur line good luck. And country I'm not trying to offend u at all u def right about not cutting it.

Reaction score
Sorry your thread got hijacked matt, that was not my intention. I'm going to start a build thread and we can continue the conversation there. I'd like to see pics of those babies coloring up!

As for the phone line, I think I'm just going to disconnect it and pull it up. I ha e plenty other places where they can relocate it too, there may even be enough slack in the line to move it over. It falls about 3 ft from where I want to start digging. I may even be able to bury it under the pond. The cable company has to bury a new line they installed so everything has been marked. Water, sewer, electric, phone, and obviously the cable. I took pics of everything for future reference, and the only line that is a problem is the phone. Since I don't plan on breaking ground for a dew weeks anyway, I will call them and see if they can move it, or just disconnect it altogether. I have been in this house for 7 years and never had a home phone line, so it won't put me out at all not having the hook up.

Reaction score
Day 33 I bealive correct me if im wrong here's pics
fd06e050.jpg

38cd457f.jpg

Reaction score
Top shot of the asagi topped fry from outside
fe64c16d.jpg

Put all the outside koi in a 10 gallon and did a 70% water change with water I set up earlier today and some hose water treated the 100 gallon grow out pond was funky got em all in bags to get use to water temp which seems to be a few degrees colder then the water in the 10 gallon and pics
7a1e94a3.jpg

Top shot of the non winners because there are no losers comment suscribe questions input leave it all thanks for taking this journey with me hopefully every can lern something from this.

Reaction score
I think they look great. I don't know the difference between a 5 dollar koi and a $7k koi though. I think I'm going to set up my 100g plastic pond this week, so if you are looking to get rid of some babies, let me know

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Over a month old now and getting prettier each time I see them. Would be neat to see them all grow up for a whole year but know you have to sell/give some away or you will have too many of them soon as they grow so fast!

Reaction score
Thanks y'all I'm gonna keep them as long as I can but I'll have to sell atleast half of them to fund raising the other half or atleast have that many less to have to care for not in a huge rush at the moment if not I'm sure I can find homes for them I def got alot more good looking ones then i was informed I would end up with but who knows anyway here's the guys as of today
Photos by Amanda ;)))
d8d93863.jpg

330d80d1.jpg

0af0ec7e.jpg

f40e17d7.jpg

a9ac686c.jpg

Thanks for watching

Reaction score
What size is the plastic pond? Dont start with pet co fish they are almost always sick I finally got my fish back healthy because I bought a petstore fish if u really wanna get it started fill it up with clean dechlorinated water and I'll give u some filter media from my baby koi tank it's the cleanest tank I have u just gotta buy the replacement media to put back it also if u come and u buy a heater I'll give u 10 baby koi tht are an inch minum might be inch and a half just wait 10 days after u start the tank to put them in. If u wanna put up on the cause I'll take it other wise when u get a spawn I want some eggs. Sounds good?

Ask a Question