Koi eggs laid Monday April

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Matt they are really coming along nice! We took off and went up to North Carolina to watch the NASCAR race and this past weekend and didn't get back home until Tues. night. I went by and checked on our babies and it's getting close to time to get them out of the stock tank and into a tank so I can cull as I have several gray drab babies. This afternoon I was checking the pond here and found several 1/2"-3/4": babies in the rocks of the main pond here! I'm just going to leave them and see what happens. I can tell from your pics that your babies are far advanced in growth over mine. BUT, I did let nature do some natural selecting and growing this year. All I did was furnish air for the most part. I've fed some powdered pellets the last few visits.
Tim before you go out and buy any Koi lets talk, PM me if you would like. I can tell you several places within a hour or two drive that are worth checking out!

Reaction score
Its either a 75, or 100 gallon pond. Not sure exactly. I dont shop at petco. I have been buying from the Pets Plus since I was 7 years ol din chalmette, and Delta pet here in Slidell for 20 or so years. I have good experiences with them so I didnt see the need to support the big guys who over price everything.

I am all for that deal! What kind of a heater and filter media do you need?

Reaction score
The heater is for your stock pond if u keep the temp at a steady 79-83 they grow twice as fast atleast I already got one n my inside n they're blazing past the growth outside and media it's and aqua clear so the rings or a sponge for it works for me preferably the rings and yea good call on no pet co they suck for fish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The babies are beautiful!! When I was scrolling down and saw the top of the latest pictures, I thought your photography skills had improved dramatically, then I saw the "photos by Amanda", LOL.

Fishin, how did you like the new race format? Who do you pull for?

Reaction score
Update so over the past week I've been puttin the koi out and today the last 3 went outside but I'll keep up with the pics so as it turns out 2 inches is my average maybe one or 2 are an inch and a half most are 2" or bigger. Whith in the next week the 100 gallon will become my filter for my new 600 gallon grow out pond I don't wanna ruin the surprise so that all I will day till it's up which will probbly b soon depending on the shippers buts it's awsome and light blue thts all I'm gonna say about that here's the pics of the last 3 the gf is bugging me to keep a few inside but for a little while I'm gonna try to clear the water up because its way green and ruining all my shots btw I'm gonna keep all the koi for a year Before I let them lose unless I could trade somebody for black ones otherwise nfs here's pics

32e997ff.jpg

7f508063.jpg

Black spot only black spot so far yay awsome
35782d62.jpg

Sweet blue steal top hard to see in pics

9d0e146d.jpg

G- paws hat
6c0f8497.jpg

Future home of crescent city koi.
a42e1df3.jpg

Maybe
Enjoy everybody

Reaction score
Thanks everyone so I went ahead and ordered my 1 year grow out pond gonna whip up a easy lava rock and poly filter bio unit and a bunch or floating plants and use the stock high country green tank as a food breeder for new born koi and also my new Lilly home because even tiny koi eat lillys and 96 of em def keep it down can't quite kill it here's a pic of the growout tank should eb here n 10 business days which is more like 14-16 days giving me some time to section of half the yard for the chickens the rest is gonna be all urban koi farm

ea0b5e75.jpg

Anybody using the true blue reuseable furnace filters with success as bio media let me know also where can I get japaneese mats online for cheap they seem to work well any help would be awsome lava rocks are heavy and suck but they work so if it come to that it's what I'm gonna have to use hell even a link to some good floor scrubbers the big ones would be best thanks an I'll try to get some pics of the fry before I go to my sisters weding

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wishing you much luck on your koi farm and of course the chickens also! Darn tho no photo showed up in your post.

Reaction score
Went ahead and pulled all of the solid orange and solid white koi out and put them n the main pond nobody has eaten any so it looks like it will work out nicely while doing so I decided to take all the multi colored mostly kohaku upstairs. While the Stock pond was empty I went ahead and cleaned it out not scrub just net the poo and leaves off of the bottom and filled it with 60% treated Fresh clean water and I'll let tht set for a few days so here's pics of the guys in The temp tank

71a31ea8.jpg

bedf1003.jpg

56e6b24e.jpg

My pics really don't do justice but yea thats an idea

Ask a Question