Koi eggs laid Monday April

Reaction score
This is a very awesome journal you've made. Inspiring. lol :)

Thank you very much it's very rewarding I say go for it. I'm in the middle of building a 5000 gallon grow out pond at my bros will have pics as I get them Im running out of pond space with all the koi which are about 3 and a half inches now.

Reaction score
Broke ground
f3051fb6.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yahoo.................let the games begin!!! Is there a hole in that fence there so you can take a sneak dip or two when you get overheated :razz:

Reaction score
So my flex pipe from my pump to my filter slipped off last night and emptied my entire pond into my garden killing all the best kohaku fry about 20 and all the other fry that were in my main pond basically every fish on here is now dead oh n all the adult koi also died the pleco lived never did get a pic of the moma sanke but yea she's dead now.

THE END

Reaction score
Yep thts life sometimes just not my week I guess On the bright side I can start over with 1 Japanese male sanke one make kohaku and one female sanke but still this blows.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes it does. Can understand

I lost a tank african ciclids I have had for years, darn heater stuck on. Boy did the house stink, we were out of town for 2 days. 175 gallon fish tank, self sustaining cycle of life and death of the fish. I left the tank empty for awhile.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Matt I am so, so sorry to hear about this and am sad for you. It does really suck but hoping you don't give up. You did so well at it and now you know the ropes. We'll root you on when you do it again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Sad news, Matt, VERY sad. I would have cried! I have my pumps up off the bottom by about 12-14" just in case that type of thing happens. I read that on here, and just upped my pump in the goldfish pond last weekend! Was taking a chance before that. Glad you have possibility of some new fish starting your next generation. Good luck!!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
tragic ... i take it you didnt use a clamp on the connection? well just live and learn. ya probably lost a few nice fish. but next year isnt that far away.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Oh Matt, don't give up! So sorry to hear about the fish, I feel very bad for you, just when they were looking so good! Every body at some point loses fish due to unforeseen problems, I think it's safe to say we have all been there at one time or another. I too had losses over the years, one year lots of my big goldfish died off when I smothered the pond with too many floaters during a real hot spell, many moons ago, and just last year I lost most of my goldfish to that darn blue heron, took me a while to figure out where the fish were going, then I saw him fishing on afternoon from the bottom pond. I overcame that problem with simple twine and strips of cloth hung very high from the house to the trees, never thought that blue heron would come for my fish, but stuff happens to everyone. :(

Reaction score
So all is not lost just most I sent about 30 to my bros house and found 2 in my bog filter but most at my bros are butterfly and solids I've herd rumor of a solid white standard fin tancho ended uP in his pond it's like 5000 gals so who knows still crushed but atleast I can watch some grow longer.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks good to hear that a couple fish survived! Look at the bright side, those couple will be very special, years from now I'm sure you will be telling the story to someone else that lost all there fish. I know its hard when it first happens, shocking, but as time goes on and your fish population rebuilds, things will get better. Sometimes that can happen very quickly, the surviving fish will grow quickly now that they got the whole pond to their self! :) :)

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Matt, sorry to hear about your pond and your fish. Glad to hear that there are at least some left from all the efforts. Don't give up. We have all had something tragic take place and had to over come. I lost all but 8 fish year before last to a Heron and then lost three of those to a Owl. It's taken a couple of years and yes there are still some trhat I would like to replace that I had but little by little my Herd is growing. Right now I have about 10 baby Koi and 25 or so baby goldfish from this year in the main pond and another 10 or so in the tank. The ones in the tank I doubt i'll keep any of them. but the ones in the pond all but one are coming out nice enough to grow a bit and see what happens. Good luck and hopefully you can get the pond back up and going and get the kinks out.

Ask a Question