Koi eggs laid Monday April

Reaction score
Here's pics of the mom and dad the butterfly big orange is the dude and the white and red Showa is the dad. I think but all my other koi are to young to even be males yet so they def mom and dad
ca74515f.jpg

75a5a40f.jpg

Reaction score
Doberman puppy woke me up at the butt crack of dawn to cry and go outside only to pee the second we got back in up now I figure went and started cleaning the 55 gallon up and took it upstairs to the fish room gona fill the 55 up with 98% fresh clean treated faucet water and transfer over in the next 3 days while I run a sterlizer and filter on the 55 with a bubbled to get the tank kinda cycled but not really still gonna do water changes but less often and they wil grow faster in the 55 will transfer the plants over cus they love them didn't lose any in the night still at 107 ish haven't tested the water even though I have fancy test kits because I clean the bottom about 10 times already. BIG TIP only use live fresh hatched or tiny live food everything else will just sink and rot will try tiny amounts of of my reef pellets their for picky eaters but will grind with pepper grinder if need be don't use frozen dries anything in the first 3-7 days well I'm goin to buy some more live food.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love watching this thread and seeing the little guys growing. You are doing so well in caring for them Matt!

Reaction score
Here's today's shots of the babbies as of about noon as of today Everybodys got swim bladders and intestine still not into eating anything tht doesn't move here's boku pics
1aa02c12.jpg

776a2eda.jpg

1d21ca70.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow this is sure a fun thread! I've never seen fry, no wonder, since they are so teeny tiny! Good luck with your brood. That a lot of babies to raise, but I have a feeling you're going to raise them all. Neat!!!

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all the input ESP the compliments I'd be upset if I lose a single one I got a ammonia meter just to be sure have my 55 set up ran sterlizer for about 8 hours I hope just toe be safe even thought it's mainly all fresh clean treated water running filter with foam on intake and in pipe with ammonia carb bag sponge and a long bubbled on the other side of the tank cus the filter is doing 15 gallons an hour I feel like I'll try to get a pic when the babbies get in it once gain thank you every one for the well wishing and support it's def time consuming my Lil bro is sketching out his dream backyard basically a japaneese garden and pond gonna give him most of my metallic because I wanna cut back my fish population to add my 5 best babbies ok well here's the pics of my new 55gallon not fancy but clean
52bbacde.jpg

37a0d914.jpg

Enjoy still haven't had to pull out any dead still trying to slip in frozen rotifers aka coral food and crushed pellets bite size still no interest gotta get more baby brine in the morning Will get the gf to take better pics my phone is bunk

Reaction score
When do most ppl lose fry I'm guessing during ammonia spikes or not having live food right away any body know I know I'm not outta the woods yet but they have pretty well formed guts and the few tht got into the 55 early are doing great cut the filter flow down more they did fine not getting sucked up but figure I'll make it easier to develop not having to spend all their energy swimming away. Another question what affect does light have on color development anybody?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes I agree we need to see them each day or before ya know it they will be off to collage and we will have missed the innocence of their childhood,lol!

Reaction score
I'll def get pics when I get back been at the marina all day installing speakers in the ski boat so updates to come sorry to everyone def skipping still no losses as of this morning currently have transferred all 107 over to the 55 gallon so I won't have to vaccume 5 tines a day but probably still will

Ask a Question