Koi eggs laid Monday April

Reaction score
Not the best pics they swim around alot now hunting gard to get close up pics but will have the gf get some better but this is as of 5:30
508e7b44.jpg

508e7b44.jpg

1fbc3662.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
KoiGuy needs to chime in here. He raises fry, too. I'm sure there are a bunch on this Forum that raise baby koi, and would be able to answer your questions about when is the time for losing the babies, but you sure are on top of things and seem to have a handle on way more than I would have even thought about! It's a great thread, thanks again for sharing your adventure with all of us newbies. :)

Reaction score
So good lighting will help with color I was hoping that because as it happens I have some awesome lights they will love. FYI I started digging my pond less then 2 months ago so I'm learning right as u r this is one of those times when it's better to be lucky then good. Tried. Has really been a week I really need to read the entire thread to find out that's y I tried to be detailed because I'm thinking it's day five let's see they have stomachs and big mouths still not much tail but def know how to dart around still running filter very low maybe 2 gallons an hour still nervous to turn it up anybody can def chime in advice I'm all ears when do they have taste buds can get tht exact info but since y'all read all that here's the best group shot I can get with my crap phone but enjoy
e3fb50dd.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok I see the eggs were laid on the 16th but not hatched for a couple days..........got it! They really look like fish now!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, if those pics are with your "crap phone" you have one heck of a good phone! Mine take great pics if the object is still, but never on moving objects. They are soo cute!
So, if you just started your pond dig 2 months ago, are you saying that you have it done, koi are in the pond, they spawned already and you have these fry??? Or, did you already have a pond, and are making it bigger? That's crazy if you got a new pond and koi spawning in 2 months time! I'm ultra impressed! How about some pics of your pond? :) It's much easier to photograph a pond than it is the fry. I saw the other fish, but not the whole pond, I don't think. Good luck with your infants!
Oh and I went back and looked at your pics of the parents and see some of your pond set up! That's really neat how you made that overhang with what looks like driftwood on the one side of the pond. I didn't even look at the pond earlier, just was focusing on the parents. Thought it was funny that you called the female the "dude". LOL

Reaction score
My pond will probably never be done enuf for me when I can afford it I will switch my lava rock for something like furnace filters will def add a surface skimmer. I started from bare ground two months ago here's a link
They koi were on my pond less then two days before things got crazy freaky Pparnetly I bought a make and female un intentionally 2 days b4 a full moon once again best pics I can take with my I phone 3 models ago
1ad0b493.jpg

c23853c2.jpg

Evernody get closer
1ec2f2c0.jpg

Scratch that I started march 12 here's the original post everybody feel free to add tips on tht to
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/topic/8569-hello-from-new-orleans/page__fromsearch__1

Reaction score
It is fun to watch them grow. I don't think my koi have started spawning yet. I know the goldfish have but I have not see any fry in the pond yet. Your fry are very cute.

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Very cool to see them transform from just little eye dots to little fish. Keep the pictures coming! :goldfish:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Super pics! They are soooo adorable! And, so funny that you can somehow count how many are in that tank! At least you did I guess before you put them in the larger tank, and since no dead bodies, assume they are all still alive, which is amazing to me. You are definitely doing everything right, that's for sure! Can't wait to see them start getting colors. In KoiGuy's post, looks like by 3 weeks they will show lots of color changes.

Reaction score
Ok so I figured it out the koi have been eggs 7 days ago but hatched 6 so I'm calling this day six tried to feed pulverized dry food still aren't having it so I'll try frozen Rotifers today they have eating theeir morning meal of fresh hatched brine so it looks like I'm gonna turn the 10 gallon into brine shrimp hatchery full time I gotta feeling next full moon I'll wake up to eggs so Better to be safe if not I'll feed them to my coral to not over crowed I'd like to be feeding them bigger brine shrimp as they seem to love live food only causeway pets in Metairie a mom and pop pet shop has larger brine shrimp I can buy for my 10 gallon gonna start using my 6 bulb t5 nova extreme pro coral fixture for 3 hours tonight and for the for the duration to hopefully encourage their coloring up since I cant put them outside plus this fixture is better than sunlight in my opinion I guess we will see what happens. Well u read the whole boring rant so here's today day 6 koi development pics
04ce2ce2.jpg

39862723.jpg

2cadb166.jpg

fa418114.jpg

Enjoy and as always I'll get better pics when Amanda takes them I'm matt btw and I don't not where nail polish at all lmao

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well ya never know the color might look good on ya and bring out your blue eyes,lol!

Ask a Question