Koi or Monster that is the question

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I think those are Giant Siamese Carp. There has been some work with them lately to bring in genes for Koi. They are getting extremely rare in the wild and they are starting to be breed to help in reintroduction in the wild along with supplementing food taken from the wild. I think I remember that they can actually reach 9-10 feet long and weigh up to about 600#. Many Asians cherish really large fish and in on the Mekong River some of these super large species can be found. I bet that most of the Koi are not in the 36" range but still Very large koi, and that monster is still probably a young fish even if it actually makes 6' which I have my doubts it is a full six feet long. It's just so hard to tell by being in a dep clear pond and video with nothing to compare to.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
If you think about it all those Jumbo koi are 3ft the monster is twice that , the breeder keeps them as a joke to freak people out when they first see them lol

Dave

Ask a Question