koi spawning

Reaction score
I think I am getting close. The full moon is the 17th. The water temps are rising. The females are FAT! And I have been watching a couple of the males jumping last night. So they are sensing it also. Mops are in but I may place a few more tonight. Going to finialize a couple of tank setups.

I just got my new bee hive setup Monday night and attracted in a second swarm of bees yesterday. So now 2 hives going. So the yard is really coming to life. I already had the birds. Now I have the bees. So it is up to the fish to do their thing now.

Reaction score
You can have all the bees..I will send mine your way :) I have rabbits, ducks,geese and a huge hawk hanging out in my yard and something is eating my fish :( (hawk maybe?) The last two nights the toads were singing so I am expecting toad eggs anytime.Loving the sunshine finally.

Reaction score
I doubt the hawk is eating the fish. Unless you have a big red tail, the coopers hawks will usually not eat them. I keep running the ducks off. people are cleaning out their swimming pools finally and the ducks are looking for new homes.

I love the bees. Great for pollination and love the little extra fresh honey.

Reaction score
I have no idea what kind of hawk it is but he sits on my garden arbor which is by the pond but I have never seen him go to the pond..I have lost about 5 big goldfish,one I got from you that we named gimpy because his tail was messed up and crocked and some others I got free off CL. I have not seen the heron around since Jan. I know something is scaring them because they were all hiding a few days ago and it looked like they were all gone but I fed them and they came out. As for the bees I like them from a very far distance---not a bug person lol

Ask a Question