Latest pond pictures.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I love the look, nice and quite area to enjoy the pond life. that statue is cute. I'm hoping the DW doesn't go overboard with things like that but I let it be when she gets a new one. If that's her enjoyment around the pond then I let her enjoy it. Me, I would rather a new rock, plant, or fish.....lol I do like where it's positioned, That's a neat idea.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like it 99, looks good w/ the mulch and love your frog statue! I have a swing also that I refuse to get rid of. It lost all it's stuffing but still has the cover that you can still sit in so I still use it just fine. Looks fine w/o it's innards also. I used the white flat stuffing pads as the batting stuff to filter fines in the pond so it all worked out good!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Well, like I said it could change tomorrow... and it did.

This log was about 18 feet long and fell behind my shed last year, I cut a bunch of the branches off of it, but had never cut up the log. Glad I didn't, because yesterday I decided the shape was perfect to set next to the pond to sit on. So, I moved that old swing... I didn't get rid of it, i just moved it to another area of the yard.

I had to trim it down to around 12 feet to make it fit the area, and then drag it all over my yard... .and then set up a plywood track, and set one end of the the log on my sons skateboard just so I could pick up the other end and wheel it into the fence area, But I finally got it.

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Love the tree bench. How smart of you to use the skateboard to move the tree trunk with. Are those hula hoops holding your water lettuce together? If so, neat idea. I am definitely going to try this.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I made two floating planters out of old hose, with a netting bottom so the fish couldn't get to them, but after those got full I just bought a hula hoop and tossed it in there. That one doesn't have a bottom or anything, but I was just trying to contain them, not stop the fish from eating them. I think i might do one more hula hoop, and then after that its time to just start tossing the lettuce out.

The pond did look really neat last year with the water lettuce covering the entire surface, but now that I've added the skimmer, it more of a PITA than anything.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow that log is nice! :D Love my logs, got lots around the house, front and back. The list of possibilities are endless, if I had that piece, I might plant flowers around the back edge, or I might lay it over the pond, looks like it might fit, maybe even "kiddy corner" across the pond, looks like it would hold lots of weight, and seat lots of people too. Looks good right where it is too, fits the space nice and goes well with the pond setting. Logs and wood pieces compliment the natural pond setting very nicely!

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Yes it was the perfect shape, and just the right height to sit on, I'm glad I never chopped that one up. We can sit on it instead of that old swing, and the kids will love to climb around on it.

Now I just need to get a little more mulch next weekend to finish the area off, and I can turn my attention to some new projects around the yard.

I believe I will finally start working on the cement mixer I was going to build weeks ago, so that I can start mixing up some concrete to make myself some faux boulders. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sweet it looks great! I have a few small foot long pieces around my pond...I think wood around a pond helps to give it the natural/nature look.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My cannas took off this year and could not even get the whole batch in the pic,You have to look sideways because if I went back wards down the hill I would have only gotten the top of them

Attachments

• lily storm 7.28,2012 005.JPG
    lily storm 7.28,2012 005.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 238

Ask a Question