Leaking liner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a large pond but need to replace damaged liner.i am unsure the best way to deal with fish and plants.i was thinking of getting a few inflatable garden pools for temporary housing of fish and plants.i am concerned with the fish, Will they be ok with on filtration for couple of days,any advice greatly appreciated, thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I decided to make my pond bigger, I put the fish and plants in my above ground pool 15' round pool approximately 36" deep and they stayed there for a year or so. I just put a diy filter in with them. They survived the winter in the pool and I didnt lose a single fish. Although the soft shell turtle disappeared somehow!
I personally wouldn't use an inflatable one just incase it gets punctured by cats like the ring on the kid's pool did

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I decided to make my pond bigger, I put the fish and plants in my above ground pool 15' round pool approximately 36" deep and they stayed there for a year or so. I just put a diy filter in with them. They survived the winter in the pool and I didnt lose a single fish. Although the soft shell turtle disappeared somehow!
I personally wouldn't use an inflatable one just incase it gets punctured by cats like the ring on the kid's pool did

Attachments

• 20200723_090333.jpg
    20200723_090333.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 7

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If you just have a few fish you can use one of those hard plastic kiddy pools from Walmart etc. Use the water from your pond for that pool to keep the fish happy. If you have a moveable pump you can make yourself a small filter as @Gunnitgamms suggested.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
don't feed your fish WILDlife is use to going weeks without food. You will need to provide an air stone in the pool to keep them alive. i used kiddie pools for the plants and lilies, and rubbermaid tub for the fish. but make sure you net and make it so heron can't poke through the net and get at the fish in a barrel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
don't feed your fish WILDlife is use to going weeks without food. You will need to provide an air stone in the pool to keep them alive. i used kiddie pools for the plants and lilies, and rubbermaid tub for the fish. but make sure you net and make it so heron can't poke through the net and get at the fish in a barrel
Thanks for the advice,just bought a large steel framed pool in preparation

Ask a Question