leopard frog moved in

SE18

David V
Reaction score
I'm thinking the snakes got the green frogs but now a leopard frog has moved in. Took these photos just a few minutes ago. They love the cold running water.

at night of course, the tree frogs come out.

I guess to each his or her own. Some like coy, I like frogs :)

Attachments

• DSC_2252.jpg
    DSC_2252.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC_2253.jpg
    DSC_2253.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 282
Reaction score
That's awesome.
On a personal note, i have not found any frogs this year. I had at least 3 last gear. No predators that I am aware of. Sadly, I looked into my egress window and found the remains of 4 of them down there. I guess it needs a cover.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have 3 Southern Leopards that are making their residence in my turtle bog. I'll feed them mealworms when I feed the turtles. One of the frogs is getting to know me, and isn't as ready to leap away like the other 2. My other favorite is the Cope's Gray Tree frogs. More shy and not as easy to spot, but they're so cute, and they let me pick them up. They sound like a herd of sheep :)

SE18

David V
Reaction score
yeah, at night the 3 tree frogs set up a barbershop chorus; one lives in the BBQ grill and 2 live in the plastic cushion holder on the deck 9 feet up from the water--they climb down at night on the drain pipe

; during daytime, the leapard is pretty quiet; hope he's getting enough bugs; unfortunately the mosquito population is low this year due to a cold spring so hopefully there's something for them to eat! If you've got mosquuitoes and horseflies, bag em up and send em to me :)

Ask a Question