License required to build pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
My question is: what license (if any) is required to install a koi pond and waterfall as part of a landscaping job? I have a nursery license, and that is sufficient to do landscaping here in Florida, but not architectural work such as building terraces etc. I have built several ponds and waterfalls on my own place, and would like to know if I may replicate them as part of a landscaping job. Thanks for any info in advance.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1593636803122.gif
@Amanda Schmitt
Yep call your county offices and ask them to direct you to the right dept. As for me I just built mine and did not bother asking any questions and they haven't come after me yet. I live out in the sticks tho not in the city.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Thank you for coming to us for help, but there’s no way we can tell you anything about your local laws! You need to check in with your state and city officials. If you already have a “nursery” license, it seems that you should know that.

Reaction score
Country
United States
View attachment 130977@Amanda Schmitt
Yep call your county offices and ask them to direct you to the right dept. As for me I just built mine and did not bother asking any questions and they haven't come after me yet. I live out in the sticks tho not in the city.
Thanks for the response, I live in the sticks too, and built my own ponds, but building them for someone else is a different story. I will have to check with the locals.

Ask a Question