sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My first pondfor 2 years was the pits because of rocks o the bottom no matter what I did they were covered in muck and looked disgusting and my fish would root them around and the water always looked dirty and I used 2 filters and could never seem to keep ahead of it and now with this pond no rocks .I have spilled bag of oyster shells on the bottom that the string broke

and the fish got not it before I could net out and then I just left the rest .My water is the clearest it has ever been .Taking the rocks out has made the pond so much easier to maintain and keep clean I did put rocks in last winter around my in water pumps in a bucket but that was just to make sure the buckets stayed still as I lost most of the water in my pond last winter from a sudden over night temp drop and pump being knocked over by fish and a big ice bubble formed and water ended up going over it and out of the pond.After that more rocks and more lava rock in the buckets to keep it still

Ask a Question