Lost fish :(

Reaction score
they have only been in there since late saturday and we think we have lost them already :) our pond is nearly clear to the bottomem and we can see our darkest fish against the bit of sand at the bottom (our pond is about 5ft deep) we dont know what has happened, it dosent have a net on for herrons, but theres not many where we live (weare surronded by woodland and the nearet point where herrons are is about 10 miles alway. the onlything i saw of mine is in the bag on the way home and a small glimmer of her on saturday night, the ghosties should be able to be seen as we have a bright white one and there is nothing, we've checked all plants, but nothing :)

do you think they may be burried in the sand? or hiding so well we cant see them

my dad stayed up for hours after dark looking for them (apparently ghost carp come out at night and dawn) :confused: and no sign - he stayed still for about 5 hours and it was getting close to 1am - we dont know what could have happened, mine looked a bit distressed in the bag on the way home, but what fish wouldnt be? we have tried to put out food to draw them but none of the fish eat the food :/
not even the ones that we can see

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Give them some more time fish are good at hiding when they want to

Reaction score
Like he said give them some time too you said you just put them in so at first they can be alittle scared of there new enviroment and so they will only come out when they know nobody is there.IF WORST COMES TO WORST read the following paragraph

Also you said you live near/in the woods and the most common predator is racoons or cats. Racoons will sit for hours by your waiting for a fish to surface and then grab it. Cats are another big proble they will do the same things i had 3 fish stolen in one night. for the blue heron put fishing line up from tree to tree that will stop all attacks from the air. Good luck with your fish

~marino~

Reaction score
hey Marino

well ive had a look and the water is crytal clear, and there is only one fish left :( we started out with 6 now only one :( there was only 2 this morning, flash and marmalade now only marmelade is left :(

There are no racoons round here, and cats dont come near our garden anymor e(electric cat scarer and orange juice and peels left out on the fences because i have a rabbit who runs free in the garden and i cant chance a cat coming in our garden)

i cant believe they are all gone! we have moved every pond plant, looked under the filter and the slates by the water fountin

dad said we will have to get some bigger ones, dunno why and we have ordered a heron scarer to be on the safe side :beerchug:

Reaction score
ok welll like i said just put up some fishing line from tree to tree or on the fence so it goes over your pond and i dont recommend getting bigger ones until you find out what the problem is cause the bigger koi can get pricey

:beerchug: ~marino~ :(

Ask a Question