Lotus plant

Reaction score
My son bought a lotus plant and it had leaves when he bought it but no new leaves since than, it has been more than a month! Any suggestions of what I should do with the big tub under water in the pond, I put 4 fertilizer tablets per the Koi store but no luck so far. Any suggestions I would appreciate! This is not the 1st time my adult son has abandoned the pond he built in my yard 15 years ago that I try to keep going cause I love it! Just another duty as a Grandma!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lotus plants are very fragile, usually you can not move them once they have started growing It may be dead, is the tuber soft or firm?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Some things are hostile to starting lotus. Fish eating the delicate roots. Salt levels (very toxic to aquatic plants) Caustic levels of fertiliser scorching the roots. Temps whistling over 95f in hot sunny positions. Water lily crown rot. If you have picked up plants that have rotted off in the past you may never be able to grow some things

Regards, andy
http://www.pinterest.com/adavisus/pondering/

Reaction score
Lotus plants are very fragile, usually you can not move them once they have started growing It may be dead, is the tuber soft or firm?
I've tried to feel down in the plant but no luck so far! I will try again later! Thanks so much for your reply! I do have buds on my water lilies and so much lettuce and parrot's feather!

Reaction score
I took the lotus tubular out of the bottom of the large tub with black mud it was planted it! It is still firm, it was not growing so will it grow if I just leave it floating in the pond? Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
OK, it is me again! I watched a You tube video and planted the lotus tubulars back in the same pot according to their directions! I'm leaving the pot out of the pond in a sunny location with a few inches of pond water on top to see if it will start growing since it hasn't grown since my son brought it home a few months ago, as the tubulars were in the very bottom of the pot and then under the pond water! I hope it grows otherwise another lesson for this Grandma! Thanks!

Ask a Question