Low water shut down

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
does any know of a product that would shut down pump if water level goes below a certain level. I know there are valves that automatically fill low water levels. That is not an option for me I’m looking for a product that would turn off pump if something goes wrong with filters/water fall leak or overflow that would drain pond when I’m not home to prevent it. I had an issue with something eating a hose and draining pond. He also likes to eat my power cords.

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have used the low water shut off switch made by little giant in the past.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have used the low water shut off switch made by little giant in the past.
I was looking on line must have missed that on do you know of a vender that carries it. All I was able to find was the auto fill valve. Thank I will keep looking

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi. Also you can try raising it up from the bottom of your pond a little. If there is a leak then all the water won't be pumped out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
I agree with cometkeith. I have my submersible pump on a rope which keeps the pump from settling to the bottom. If something goes wrong, there will still be water (below the pump location) for the fish to survive.

Just as a mention...When I rebuilt my pond I created an underwater wall so as to form two ponds in one. So, in case there was a hole in the liner or any other leak, one side will keep enough water to support the fish.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just as a mention...When I rebuilt my pond I created an underwater wall so as to form two ponds in one. So, in case there was a hole in the liner or any other leak, one side will keep enough water to support the fish.
Well that’s a cool idea! I was thinking along similar lines, and built mine in “layers” so that the pump would never be directly on the bottom, and there would be a deeper area that would still hold water — sort of like shelves, but more like steps.

Ask a Question