Making a bird bath in a bog..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Earsom if you look at the top of the thread it's date is from April 13 , 2017. Now this subject may get some new responses but that was 5 years ago

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think I should add ice around the bubbling area to make the bird bath water look more natural.

Won't nature add ice for you?

I'll hop Into this old thread! Bubbling boulders are fun and the birds do love them. You can buy rocks pre-drilled, as that would probably be the most challenging part for any DIYer. In fact you can also buy a whole kit that includes the basin, tubing and pump. Aquascape sells a whole line of bubbling "things" - spheres, urns, etc.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
but it is still being made to this day by me . I made 3 this year as new neighbor gifts . I have made them using banana leaves also .. I used old ruined basket balls I picked up at the dump . I put a piece of pvc pipe down the middle of the ball and then filled the ball with cement and you then have a neat bubbler . They are still sitting in my basement curing slowly so they become stronger . Not many things are garbage to me only a free item to use my imagination on

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I am of the same mind @sissy I stop on the road and see something free and my mind goes into the "there must be something I can do w/this thing mode" so I drag it home. Hubby has a slight fit wondering about all this junk as he calls it but he gets over it eventually. He even sometimes becomes a party to my collecting. He brought home the stainless steel large bowels they were throwing out at his job. I turned them into bird bathes and the critters all love them :)
IMG_9395.JPG
:giggle:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use people old satellite dish's as is and I also put them upside down and put plastic wrap on them and the cement on that . I use the reinforcement fibers in my cement and let them cure slow in the basement and mist them with water . The slower they cure the stronger they are . I then seal them with a sealer . I give some away as gifts and use some as house warming gifts . I am waiting for a satellite one to cure now and going to make a x stand out of wood to stand it up on . Junk is never really junk if you look at it long enough . YOUR MIND IS ONLY LIMITED BY YOUR OWN EYES

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I use people old satellite dish's as is and I also put them upside down and put plastic wrap on them and the cement on that . I use the reinforcement fibers in my cement and let them cure slow in the basement and mist them with water . The slower they cure the stronger they are . I then seal them with a sealer . I give some away as gifts and use some as house warming gifts . I am waiting for a satellite one to cure now and going to make a x stand out of wood to stand it up on . Junk is never really junk if you look at it long enough . YOUR MIND IS ONLY LIMITED BY YOUR OWN EYES
You are the Queen of junk transformation into something beautiful and useful! I think of you when I'm out and about and see something laying there and say to myself, "Now what would sissy do w/this thing". Thanks for inspiring me :happy:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
Totally agree!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You are the Queen of junk transformation into something beautiful and useful! I think of you when I'm out and about and see something laying there and say to myself, "Now what would sissy do w/this thing". Thanks for inspiring me :happy:
dang--I just threw out an old satelite dish that's been up on the roof for a few years. Never thought it could be transformed into something useful. Ah, well, next time...

Ask a Question