Mass murder last night :-(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I think those Great Blues have huge wing spans, so I looked it up to see. The article says they are 5.5 to 6.6' wide. That's pretty close to as wide as a car, so Cathy was right on the money. Would have been beautiful to see one close up.
I saw a pic on FB someone posted of a snow formation, wondering what it was. Most people guessed it was a hawk or owl that caught whatever the tiny tracks were made by, probably a small bird. A person posted a story of a red tail hawk. She was inside her house, behind a sliding glass door, saw the hawk coming straight for her. She froze, thinking it would run into the window, then at the last second, it pulled one wing out, turned sharply, swooped down and landed just below her window, then immediately flew off and landed high in a tree with it's catch. I thought, Wow, how magnificent that must have been to witness!

tinkerman

tinkerman
Reaction score
Sorry for you loss. I also had a coon problem. Dirty dog ate the heads off my koi and left the rest for me to clean up, nice! Buggers are smart and hard to trap (havaheart trap) but finaly got that one. Tried playing a radio which I think was working but felt guilty about possibly bugging my niebors. Placed a floating solar light in pond and so far so good.

Ask a Question