Medications for Use in Ponds

Important information for both the novice and more experienced

1. Dave 54

Dave 54

Dave 54 submitted a new article:

Medications for use on pods - Important information for both the novice and more experianced

Read more about this article...

Dave 54, Jan 27, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Dave 54

sissy sissy

What about the new plant based medications .I got a great one from pet solutions .Worked on my neighbors sick fish when the others failed .He had ick

sissy, Jan 27, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Dave 54

Dave 54

You have the Melafix and thats tea tree oil based, but I cant think of many more sissy , I'll hve to look into it and get back to you :happy:
    But if you have the names we can always add to the article if you wish :happy:

Dave

Dave 54, Jan 27, 2015
  4. Dave 54

sissy sissy

sabbactisun is what I used .Never heard of it but gosh it worked really fast on him .I wish I had taken pics of him before in the stock tank and 3 days later completely clear .I will keep him the stock tank for awhile longer ,I am just not sure how long .Tammy came up to look because she could not believe it .His tail looked pretty bad .I am not sure how long he had it since I have been trying to let them take care of the pond themselves .I just hope none of the others have it .He is in the basement stock tank with a small pump and just a pressure filter going .It did not change the color of the water either .

sissy, Jan 27, 2015
  5. Dave 54

Meyer Jordan Tadpole

All of the medications listed in the article, when used properly, will have the desired effects providing the diagnosis is correct. I disagree, however, that these medications should be used to treat an entire pond as the title implies. In an eco-system pond, blanket use of any of these medications, especially bactericides, can prove disastrous as they reduce/eliminate not only the pathogenic micro-organisms but also the many beneficial organisms that are needed to keep an eco-system balanced, including the Nitrifying bacteria. All fish medications should be administered in a separate, isolated holding tank.

Meyer Jordan, Jan 27, 2015
  6. Dave 54

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Since Dave wrote up the article, if he wishes I can change it to medications to treat pond fish, or whatever title you all think would describe the article better.

addy1, Jan 27, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question