More Eagle Pics

C

corgi

More Eagles

We recently had our resident Eagles showing up. Every spring when
the ice goes on our pond, I lose a few hybrid blue gills and a perch
or two. These guys see them and nothing goes to waste. They get to
them before the raccoons,crows, and ravens can. Sharp eyes.

One of the best anglers I know enjoying some big bluegill

Eagle
ByUdSZFh.jpg

IL82Hoah.jpg

bFX1tDih.jpg

JilKq50h.jpg

eG1JUZZh.jpg

A0KxsG8h.jpg

Yummy
9ptEOxBh.jpg

JpBUD6Jh.jpg

GgyDgDVh.jpg

What's better than an Eagle showing up for some pond pics?

Two.

Earlier this spring was the first time I've gotten pics of both of
them at the same time. Cool beans.

lBoousSh.jpg

Jim8Bdch.jpg

k824eKzh.jpg

Keep in mind that I'm shooting these from inside my studio, shooting through 2 panes of glass on an Anderson insulated window. I try to keep them clean but, much sharper pics are had when I sit outside.

Most of these pics were 50 to 100 yards away using a Canon SX 60 P&S type camera. 60 X digital zoom. A tripod and remote shutter release is used. My old Nikon FM with all of the lenses I bought in the 80's sits gathering dust.

Another couple from my soundcloud page.

https://soundcloud.com/belleswell%2Fstand
https://soundcloud.com/belleswell%2Fsugar-cookies

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got to get yourself a good camera , lens and tripod.

C

corgi

Got to get yourself a good camera , lens and tripod.
I have almost 4 k tied up in Nikkor lenses that I bought in the 80's and I'm thinking that a Nikon body to fit the bayonette mounts I have on my old lenses would be nice. It would save me a bunch of money as Nikkor glass is not cheap. Something that would let me go digital
using my old lenses. Then again, I've spent thousands on guitars, so I guess I could bite the bullet on a nice Canon or Nikon that would
let me take the 100 yard shots filling the frame with crystal sharp images. Again, just stepping out the door into one of my portable deer blinds would let me take much clearer shots as I would not be shooting through 2 panes of glass on the window or sliding door.

I know that my niece has a topnotch setup for her Canon and with 4 or 5 lenses and the camera, she was up over 5 k for her gear.
That is quite a bit more than I'm willing to spend, which is why I would like to get a Nikon body to retro fit to my old lenses.

I have a couple of nice tripods and a remote shutter release already, otherwise everyone of my longer distance shots would be blurry.

Thanks, J

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
More Eagles

We recently had our resident Eagles showing up. Every spring when
the ice goes on our pond, I lose a few hybrid blue gills and a perch
or two. These guys see them and nothing goes to waste. They get to
them before the raccoons,crows, and ravens can. Sharp eyes.

One of the best anglers I know enjoying some big bluegill

Eagle
ByUdSZFh.jpg

IL82Hoah.jpg

bFX1tDih.jpg

JilKq50h.jpg

eG1JUZZh.jpg

A0KxsG8h.jpg

Yummy
9ptEOxBh.jpg

JpBUD6Jh.jpg

GgyDgDVh.jpg

What's better than an Eagle showing up for some pond pics?

Two.

Earlier this spring was the first time I've gotten pics of both of
them at the same time. Cool beans.

lBoousSh.jpg

Jim8Bdch.jpg

k824eKzh.jpg

Keep in mind that I'm shooting these from inside my studio, shooting through 2 panes of glass on an Anderson insulated window. I try to keep them clean but, much sharper pics are had when I sit outside.

Most of these pics were 50 to 100 yards away using a Canon SX 60 P&S type camera. 60 X digital zoom. A tripod and remote shutter release is used. My old Nikon FM with all of the lenses I bought in the 80's sits gathering dust.

Another couple from my soundcloud page.

https://soundcloud.com/belleswell%2Fstand
https://soundcloud.com/belleswell%2Fsugar-cookies

I have almost 4 k tied up in Nikkor lenses that I bought in the 80's and I'm thinking that a Nikon body to fit the bayonette mounts I have on my old lenses would be nice. It would save me a bunch of money as Nikkor glass is not cheap. Something that would let me go digital
using my old lenses. Then again, I've spent thousands on guitars, so I guess I could bite the bullet on a nice Canon or Nikon that would
let me take the 100 yard shots filling the frame with crystal sharp images. Again, just stepping out the door into one of my portable deer blinds would let me take much clearer shots as I would not be shooting through 2 panes of glass on the window or sliding door.

I know that my niece has a topnotch setup for her Canon and with 4 or 5 lenses and the camera, she was up over 5 k for her gear.
That is quite a bit more than I'm willing to spend, which is why I would like to get a Nikon body to retro fit to my old lenses.

I have a couple of nice tripods and a remote shutter release already, otherwise everyone of my longer distance shots would be blurry.

Thanks, J
Ah yes it doesn't take much to reduce utility even with the best of gear.
I get excited over a cardinal hawk or the rarity of a falcon or oriel eagles I guess I'll never see as I took away a flight path.
But I have spent many hours watching them. Definately envious on that account.

Ask a Question