Moss Moss baby

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a pond with 2 waterfalls, and I have placed Moss in them. On my top waterfall, some of the moss has slipped down in the water, and the waterfall is pouring directly into the moss. Is this good for the water quality, I am thinking it is extra filtration, or should I put it back up in the waterfall wall?
Thanks for any replies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Did it all fall off from where you put it? Or are you saying some of it has grown and broken off? That's what is happening in mine. Some of it has grown down like a moss-cicle and bits break off and float to grow elsewhere. I've just left it alone. I have some decent sized little rafts of it fully submerged and it just keeps growing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
IMG_7957.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did it all fall off from where you put it? Or are you saying some of it has grown and broken off? That's what is happening in mine. Some of it has grown down like a moss-cicle and bits break off and float to grow elsewhere. I've just left it alone. I have some decent sized little rafts of it fully submerged and it just keeps growing!
Yes it kind of slid down from the wall, but is gowi g fast too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
If you have enough, you could tear it in two and put some back up at the top and leave some down below. I love moss!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have not found any moss that does well under water but several that do well growing at the edge and in full sun

Ask a Question