Naturally growing bright green moss

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
The very porous man made pumice stones used in and around the pound are the perfect host for moss. Here are a photo. Please note that this moss developes on its own.

moss closeup.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I get some shade in spots where I get some good moss growing. It looks very nice growing on that pumice stone.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wish I had some shady spots. I get a little bit of moss to grow here and there but not enough shade to get a lot of it. I'm going to try to get it to grow under my mini bridge this year.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Regarding our pumice stones. Bought those from Lowes about 13 years or so ago. Initially very expensive @ about $25 each. Then when they did not sell the price dropped by half. I got the bulk of mine even cheaper by buying all left in stock. You must wear puncture proof gloves because the pumice slices your skin like razor blades. In fact, I suspect our long ago fish cut themselves and became infected. Otherwise the stones are beautiful. Think they can still be bought from web stores.

Ask a Question