Moving and need help

Reaction score
What about a large stock tank in stead of swimming pool , you could use it as your Qt fasility later on and from what I hear they last a long time .

Dave

Do you have a size in mind? I googled this item but have not found one that would be large enough.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Wow that is a fair price for sure. While googling I never saw that sight. The only thing I worry about is the depth but the
9’x2’4″ Round Tank 1000Gal. 112lbs. $ 292.90 seems like it would work. Thanks a bunch my friend! Gonna order this asap. Well on second thought I might look locally as I live fairly close to horse country.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My fish do fine at the 2.5 feet deep, even with our winters. Mine is buried in the ground. The 300 gallon one to the left, 1000 gallon to the right. Just watch the heat there in CA.
1.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch man. You have gone above and beyond! As for heat I'm going to place this under a shade to help with that. This will be perfect while I build my pond.

One question, I only have in water pumps. would that be an issue with a pool of this size? Should I look into an external pump?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use window screening on top of my tanks and just use clamps to hold the screening down .Easy to remove to feed also .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch man. You have gone above and beyond! As for heat I'm going to place this under a shade to help with that. This will be perfect while I build my pond.

One question, I only have in water pumps. would that be an issue with a pool of this size? Should I look into an external pump?
If your pump is rated for the size of pond you have, around 1200, it will work for the stock tank, 1000. A submersible will do fine.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use a 450 gph in my 300 gallon stock tank for baby fish and use a crate with lave rock in it as a filter .I put the pump in the crate and put bags of lava rock around it .I buy the dollar store laundry bags to put the lava rock in .

Reaction score
Take a look here, a 1000 - 1100 gallon with good filtering would work for you, imho 292-367 dollars I have the 1000 gallon as part of my pond system, tough sucker.

You could add it to your pond system after your build or sale on craigslist, they go fast.

http://stockyardsupply.com/index.php/watering-systems/galvanized-poly-stock-tanks/

Well that place was a bust. They will not ship that sized tank. But they told me who they buy from and I might be able to work something out with them. Gonna call that company next. /crosses fingers!!

Reaction score
My aunt has used a hard-sided above ground pool as her main pond for going on 15 yrs now with no leaks. Her koi are at least that old and HUGE! You can find them fairly cheap at a big box stores. I think buying one to use as a temporary pond would be a pretty safe bet. It's also nice to have on hand in case of emergency (like quarrantine) or if you need to re-do something on the pond at a later date. She just runs a submersible pump to a UV (because in full sun), to a small biofall that falls into the pond. And the biofall is really just sitting on top of a drum. Not pretty but it does the job. :)

Reaction score
My aunt has used a hard-sided above ground pool as her main pond for going on 15 yrs now with no leaks. Her koi are at least that old and HUGE! You can find them fairly cheap at a big box stores. I think buying one to use as a temporary pond would be a pretty safe bet. It's also nice to have on hand in case of emergency (like quarrantine) or if you need to re-do something on the pond at a later date. She just runs a submersible pump to a UV (because in full sun), to a small biofall that falls into the pond. And the biofall is really just sitting on top of a drum. Not pretty but it does the job. :)

Yeah I may be leaning towards this option soon. I would prefer the poly tank but if worse comes to worse I will get a hard-sided pool.

Ask a Question