Nick83

Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Reaction score
Weeki Wachee Florida, Home of the mermaids
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
A short video of my fish from a different angle. If you are using a mobile device it's best to watch this with your device above your head.

I've been very vigilant about testing the water every day for 6 days twice a day and so far everything is looking excellent! Nitrite has zeroed, pH is around 8ppm, no trace of ammonia or very little, phosphate is about is around 1.5-2.00ppm and declining.
I had a pot fall off its stand which created a huge mess in the water and I had to replant my lilly then I just placed it on the pond floor and let the pads grow up to the surface. Something I should've done in the first place.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
A short video of my fish from a different angle. If you are using a mobile device it's best to watch this with your device above your head.

I've been very vigilant about testing the water every day for 6 days twice a day and so far everything is looking excellent! Nitrite has zeroed, pH is around 8ppm, no trace of ammonia or very little, phosphate is about is around 1.5-2.00ppm and declining.
I had a pot fall off its stand which created a huge mess in the water and I had to replant my lilly then I just placed it on the pond floor and let the pads grow up to the surface. Something I should've done in the first place.
your plants came in so nicely this first year, I'm in a much milder climate and hope the plants winter well and come back stronger next year. What substrate did you use for the pots?

Nick83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
@qclabrat I'm not sure on the exact media that's in my pots. I will have to call the nursery I bought them from to answer that question. I also need to find out which fertilizer cube they added during potting. I know they told me but for the life of me I can't remember what they use. They also do house calls for repotting and fertilizing which I will probably do in the spring when it needs new media so I can learn how to do it myself properly.

Nick83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
I did something the other day. I stopped at the pet store on my way home just to browse. Well, I did browse then something happened, I must've blacked out because when I got home there was two comets in the seat next to me. Once I realized what I did, there was no turning back. So I reluctantly introduced them to my pond. Now the population has grown to 6 plus one. The plus one is of course Mr. Pleco. All the fish are happily schooling together and always coming up to greet me.
IMAG1990_1.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh you know it is an addicting habit but a good one! It's like potato chips you can't stop at just one or even two............then they have babies and you are trying to figure out who you know that you can sucker into building a pond so you can pawn the fish kids off to them
upload_2017-10-22_14-22-31.gif

Nick83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
So today I felt like sketching a new idea I have for the pond. I wanted something to hide the filter and air pump and all the tubing. I plan on drawing it again but add a spillway box and relocate the current waterfall. I'm sure the plan will change as I get more ideas.
IMAG1998.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
So today I felt like sketching a new idea I have for the pond. I wanted something to hide the filter and air pump and all the tubing. I plan on drawing it again but add a spillway box and relocate the current waterfall. I'm sure the plan will change as I get more ideas.View attachment 105824
Wow! You're pretty good at drawing!

Nick83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
Thank you @Gemma . Every once in a while when i get ideas for something I want to build or bring to life I get the urge to put it on paper and tweak plans once I can visualize the project at all angles and then send it to the boss(my wife) for the go ahead to build lol.

Nick83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
@addy1 haha well I only need approval if the project is for her or going to be furniture or whatnot for inside or outside the front of the house. Sometimes it's good to have her reign in my whacky ideas. But this time it wasn't so whacky and she had been wanting this without telling me. I have Multiple sclerosis and I will literally over do it until I am crawling on my hands and knees to finish a project. I refuse to be a victim of this disease so I push myself.

Here's another rendering I drew up with a couple corrections such as the spillway and handles for the lid and the storage door for under the plant shelf.
IMAG1999.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That will really look nice! My sis had MS, but she gave up.

Nick83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
Thank you, I'm going to do my best. My dad has it also and he gave up as soon as he was diagnosed and now he isn't doing too well after 15 years. I've been on every medication known for 10 years and nothing does anything so now I just take vitamins and a lot of vitamin D3 and try to live a regular life as best I can. I'm too young to throw in the towel.

Ask a Question