Nick83

Jack of all trades, Master of none.
Reaction score
Weeki Wachee Florida, Home of the mermaids
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
The Ryukin does the most wriggling out of the bunch, it's pretty fun to watch her(?).

On another note.. I began construction on my raised bog to hide all the pond equipment and give a place for some new plants.

There's still alot of cosmetic work I want to do like carving out the top rim to give it a more natural wood appearance.
As for the "bucket" I'm planning on using pond liner and for the water return I haven't decided on what I want to use. A spillway might be a little bit too noisy so I'm leaning towards using pipe to carry the water lower before it splashes too loud. Gotta get the right decibels for the perfect front porch ambiance.
IMAG2473.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG2465.jpg
    IMAG2465.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMAG2471.jpg
    IMAG2471.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 141
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
I've been on every medication known for 10 years and nothing does anything so now I just take vitamins and a lot of vitamin D3 and try to live a regular life as best I can. I'm too young to throw in the towel.
I was reading thru your thread because I am planning to build a patio pond. Your pond and fish look great. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished bog.
I'm sorry to here the treatments for MS have stopped working. I am a PT and work with MS and other neurological patients. Recently my 5 year old grandson was DX with epilespy. Trying to help him I came across nutritional information for pediatric epilepsy patients who don't respond to the meds. The diet is called Ketogenic. The research the last 10-15 years has exploded and there is evidence for the diet to improve MS, Parkinsons and other metabolic disorders.
If you are interested search on you tube for the Epigenix Foundation. They have leading experts addressing the diet and how different disorders are affected. Also search for Dom D'Agostino, Eric Kossoff , and Mary Newport. They are leading researchers and neurologists in this field.

HTH

Nick83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
Thank you @Gordo33 I worked really hard to get it just right. The bog construction will be complete this weekend then it's up to my wife to make it beautiful lol.

I Aalso, Thank you for information on treatment for MS and the people to look for. I started taking 20,000IU vitamin D3 every morning about 6 or so months ago. With summer on the way, it will be a true test of its helping. I can say that I haven't had any major relapses in a few years. I know diet is a big contributor in rebuilding ththe neurological system.

I wish the best of luck for your grandson and hope he improves his condition and can grow up with little or no effects due to all these new treatments and information out there today. It's a long tough road but with persistence and help and encouragement from loving family and friends the journey to recovery won't seem too bad, for him I hope!

Nick83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
Well with my new water spout it creates a lot of surface agitation and I wanted to be able to see my fish clearly without adjusting water flow every time I wanted to watch my fish with an unobstructed view. I saw this viewing idea on YouTube of people who have made reverse periscope out of pvc pipe and acrylic glass. Instead of sticking my face in a pipe that was uncomfortable and just plain stupid I came up with my own rendition of what I call the Pondiscope. I made the pvc a little more comfortable and form fitting for a face and blocks out the glare from the sun. I really only wanted a way to see if there's fry swimming around because lately I've noticed a lot of mating behavior goin on below the surface.

Attachments

• IMAG2556.jpg
    IMAG2556.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 191
  • IMAG2549.jpg
    IMAG2549.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 149

Nick83

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a/b
Country
United States
First fry!!! This morning I was going around my pond giving everything a once over and spotted some fry swimming around up in the raised garden! I counted 4 but I'm pretty sure there's more. That is quite the journey for those fry to show up where they did. Nature always finds a way, I suppose . I can't wait to see what they grow up as.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
First fry!!! This morning I was going around my pond giving everything a once over and spotted some fry swimming around up in the raised garden! I counted 4 but I'm pretty sure there's more. That is quite the journey for those fry to show up where they did. Nature always finds a way, I suppose . I can't wait to see what they grow up as.

Prolly fish :joyful:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
This is really a cool Idea actually putting your pond in the deck. I have a town house my pond space is really limited. Although if I expanded into the deck my wife would make me swim with the fishes;).
The bog box really looks good. I am currently building one myself. I can't tell exactly how your water is collected inside the bog box. I am still having issues with mine, a leak. I looks like you may have an idea on two I might want to steal if you don't mind. Could you maybe snap a pic of it, please and thank you.:)

Ask a Question