My drive back through Mexico

Reaction score
You will be fine, you have lived through a lot and you have a lot more living to do. I'm glad you love where you are at and have lots of good things to keep you busy. Can't wait to hear your tall tales and see your photo's. Don't go away anymore for so long and make me wonder if you are still alive and kicking. You are a friend I do not want to lose.

Never JW. I will never let anyone separate me from my real friends again.

Speaking of tall tales....

OCTOPUS

FELIPE FERNANDEZ

My name is Felipe Montoya and this is my tale. If you have just begun to read my journals, you have missed much. You must go back to the beginning as my story goes on. I will go back a short way, so that you may follow this tale. It is a long story of common men struggling together to defeat insurmountable odds, the mightiest nation on earth. My story was written long ago and now continues, let God be my judge.

CHAPTER TEN

THE DREAM

The women had made all of the purchases that they wanted, so they all sailed back to Playa Del Carmen. Arriving late in the evening of the third day, they were all tired from the voyage. They ate a good supper then went to sleep early.

Jeanne Pierre was sleeping soundly when something woke him up. His light blue eyes sprung wide open, then he rose up on his elbows looking toward the foot of the bed. Isabel was standing there looking at him with an urgent look on her face. She appeared very real, but she was slightly transparent, he could see the details of the room through her body.

“What are you doing here? What is going on?”

“You are dreaming, rise quickly, I have something very important to show you.” she replied.

He swung his legs over the side of the bed noticing that he could also see through his legs. He rose then looked at the bed. He saw himself still sleeping as Angelica held little Andre under her arm, all three were sound asleep. He looked at Isabel who looked up at the ceiling, then rose and passed through it.

He too looked up and he began to rise. He passed through the roof easily, then followed Isabel to the coast. She landed easily looking out at his ship. She held her left palm up and Jeanne Pierre looked at it. The flesh in the center of her palm sunk into a perfect circle as out of the center of her palm rose a thin point of flesh. This grew into a needle with two ends on it as the points of the compass appeared in fine detail. The letters representing the four directions also appeared sharply out of her flesh. He looked at the bearing that the needle was pointing.

“Do you have the bearing?” she asked.

“Yes.” he replied.

“Come quickly, there is no time to lose.” she again rose up and flew along the bearing that the compass had indicated. They began moving at an incredible speed, the sun swept overhead and quickly set, followed by the moon. This happened three times, then she slowed and pointed ahead.

A ship was fleeing before a fleet, Jeanne Pierre counted thirteen ships pursuing the lead ship. Fire and smoke belched from the ships as the smoke swept back along their sides. The fleeing ship was also returning fire but was taking many hits as it was so badly outnumbered.

They approached closer as one of the ships came in small arms range. Jeanne Pierre looked down to see Yon Zack in the lead ship, stuffing a small bag of powder as he manned the stern gun. Most of his men lay dead on the decks, Xavier and Rooney were wounded manning small arms, firing at the ships. A loud buzzing sound approached then Yon Zack's right shoulder exploded in a spray of blood and flesh. He staggered backwards, then regained his feet and ran back to the cannon. His right arm hung loosely by his side as he stuffed a cannonball in with his left hand. Lighting the fuse with his cigar, he returned fire. Again a loud buzzing like an angry hornet approached. This time his right thigh was hit as blood and pieces of bone shot out of the back and sprayed on the deck behind him. He went to his knees and took out another bag of powder.

“No!” Jeanne Pierre shouted, “I must help him!” looking at Isabel.

“You are dreaming, this will happen in three days. It is imperative that you sail by noon along the bearing that I showed you if you are to save him. Wake up now.”

Jeanne Pierre sat up in bed, then quickly ran to the pavilion and began to ring the bell furiously. People began to walk up sleepily wiping their eyes. Celeste put on a pot of coffee as Jeanne Pierre glanced around at the growing crowd. Satisfied that the key players were there, he began.

“Isabel appeared to me in a dream. Yon Zack will be in dire straits in three days. I saw him being pursued by thirteen vessels. He was shot twice while I observed. His right leg was broken and his right arm was also shot, hanging uselessly by his side. Still, he was loading the cannon and fighting back. I have the compass bearing, it is imperative that we make sail by noon to rescue him.”

“Did you see the nationality of the ships that were chasing him?” Felipe asked.

Jeanne Pierre looked at him, “Yes, they were Spanish, probably the Manila galleons that returned to Spain after Juan Carlos left there. We must stock the ships and leave immediately, Isabel said that it is imperative that we make sail before noon if we are to intercept and save him.”

“How many ships do we have in port right now?” Batu asked.

“Eight, with his ship that makes nine against thirteen” Felipe replied.

“I will take those odds. Quickly! Let us supply the ships!” Batu shouted.

They rose and all ran in different directions. Well before noon the ships were stocked with provisions and set sail. The women watched from the shore as once again, their men sailed off into battle, but this time they knew that they were outnumbered.

Carmen dropped to her knees and they all followed her lead. They joined hands as Carmen said a prayer out loud for the safe return of their men.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Where I am concerned 1 hubby and 1 marriage is enough for me addy .I really do not think I could really do it all again

When he died I had no desire to meet anybody or get married again, he was disabled for 18 yrs and I was worn out from taking care of him. (we were married 20 yrs)
Then Mark showed up, he was too good to pass up and we fit together so well, so took the plunge, zero regrets.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The you never know addy .I may say that now but you never know what the future will bring your way .It is always nice to have some one by your side through thick and thin .I spent part of my life working beside men in a mans job as they put it ( I am my fathers daughter )and saw to many of them cheat on there wives and I just could never do that to some one I profess to love .They would trade in there wives for the younger women and then learn the grass is not so green on the other side of the fence .I prefer my grey grass and hopefully not dead grass .:)We have been through a lot together

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bullfrog is Octopus your 2nd book or? Thought at first when I started reading you were taking a turn to the sci fi writing but then it was just a dream :)

Reaction score
Bullfrog is Octopus your 2nd book or? Thought at first when I started reading you were taking a turn to the sci fi writing but then it was just a dream :)

Octopus is my fifth book that I'm working on right now. In the second book on, Isabel was coming into understanding her psychic abilities. Balam made her a potion that fully opened her eyes, she already had it in her, it just needed to be awakened and focused.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh wow five books! Now you have lots of your own time to write whenever you feel like it.

Reaction score
Tomorrow JW, work out, weed a little, play my guitar, paint model ship, play guitar, take my dog to the beach. It's busy life here.

Reaction score
How about a few snaps of your casa?

Will do Lou, the jungle grew in pretty good. I finally finished weeding.. almost today. I'll get the stragglers tomorrow. I had a tree removed that constantly dropped leaves and I'm about to start landscaping my back yard and put the pond in, FINALLY. My x wanted to close the downstairs in, but I have a trailer to sleep and cook in. I'd rather have a nice back yard. I pushed it back 3 meters and fighting the jungle is a daily weed thing.

Reaction score
Well, this is our clock here, it has all of the important information you need..

fishingwithjesus003_zpsb7ac3225.jpg

It's turtle nesting season, they are laying every night.

tattoo008_zps910667df.jpg

turtle1_zps4ed8311b.jpg

The walk to Yan Ten is worth it every morning..

dawn001_zps22682526.jpg

The marauding monkey is gone..

monkey003_zpscd491ae8.jpg

Reaction score
Two five foot snakes screwing in my rafters...

snake027_zps582459c0.jpg

Our mascot..

bo018_zpsa1b0c571.jpg

Pale and pasty after 2 weeks in Texas, need more sun...

012_zps62162bd0.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Like the clock! We have trouble remembering what day it is..............

Ask a Question