my first plants are in

SE18

David V
Reaction score
Hi, thanks everyone; I'll be sure to convey your remarks to the hounds as well.

Tahermann4:
It used to be O scale (1:48) using O gauge track (32mm) but I changed scales to 7/8" to the foot or 1:13.7, still using O gauge track (32mm), but now representing gritty industrial shortline instead of standard gauge 4' 8.5". Therefore if you know your trains, you can tell which photos are older (about 4 or 5 years now) and the handbuilt train photos were taken this year and last.

I'm sure that to non-train nuts, this all sounds like gobbledeegook or sludge from the pond bottom, but train-alohics would understand. :)

Here's a very short clip of one of several homemade trains in action (built these out of wood and steel)

[ame]

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How neat! you have done a great job. That looks wonderful. You have a lot of talent!

I have a bunch of train stuff need to sale some day, from previous hubby, love trains but don't have the desire for a set up lol

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
There is a garden railroad open house in the summer in cincinnati/northern Ky where people open up their yards for strangers to come and see. Last year was our first and it was really neat.

There is also one for people who have ponds.

SE18

David V
Reaction score
That's neat; I discovered I love pond and garden and trains equally (as well as the hounds); they just all seem to go well together; sometimes I just enjoy the tranquility of being in the yard, where I seem to spend most of my time these days (in 100 deg F heat)

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Trains are cool. When I was about 4 I remember getting a train set. Used to like to go down town to Seattle and put my hand up to the display window at I believe it was either Frederick & Nelsons or BonMarche' and you could run the trains. Didn't want to leave. My grandfather was a train engineer :regular_waving_emot

SE18

David V
Reaction score
Thanks; I'd love to be in Seattle where it is rainy and cool.

This will give you some sense of 1:13.7 (just shy of dollhouse size) on O gauge tracks. A lot of short working lines used this gauge all over the world. There's only a few dozen (if that) who model this scale and gauge in the US. Most are in the UK, Australia and some spots in Europe.

Here's last photos I'll post showing all handmade cars. A canal appears beside the tracks; the video doesn't show canal; all taken this winter. I love winter

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

[ame]

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks; I'd love to be in Seattle where it is rainy and cool.
. A canal appears beside the tracks; the video doesn't show canal; all taken this winter. I love winter................

Me too, 111 heat index today, house bound again. 96 actual at 2pm...........sigh

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very cool and you built them yourself..........amazing........is that guy in the video smoking a pipe lol? Cute video!

Yes it's cool and cloudy here again and please don't encourage our weather to stay this way...............we are all sick of it and statements are now being made instead of being sick of the just everyday regular rain we are now commenting on the amount of heavy rains that we have had in the not so distant past :cool: At least now we are out of heavy rains and just into clouds and partial sunshine..............it is getting better but I will not be wanting any high temps as some of you are having..........70's and 80's will do just fine :lol:

Ask a Question