My gold fish has fuzz on it

Reaction score
I was late opening my pond and I noticed one of my gold fish seems to have fuzz on it.
On both sides the fish.the fish is eating fine and is active .what can it be its kinda like gray color.
These are all small fish I got these 3 summers is there a medicine that cures every thing

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I just went through this with a fish of mine. It is probably a fungus. I quarantined the fish for about two weeks. I put some pond salt and bought some jungle fungus clear tablets. This was the first time a dealt with a sick fish and i must have done something right. I was able to put him back in the pond and he is doing fine now. It probably took about 4 days before i could notice him getting better. It was the same thing with mine, he was still eating swimming fine. He probably would have died if i didn't get medicine. From everything i read it would have probably killed him eventually. Also, after the fuz came off he still had a raw spot where the fuz was so i kept him quarantined until that healed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
When you say fuz do you mean fungus ?
If so you'll need to treat him with a topical anti fungal treatment.I have a number of important questions to ask you which is important for treating your fish.
1) How many gallons is your pond as this is needed to succesfully treat your fish.
2) Do you have a UV-C on the pond if so it will need to be turned off for the duration of the treatment
3) What are your ponds water perameters at the moment.
4) Is the pond clear of dead leaves if not please remove them all.
5) When did you last do a water change on your pond and by how much did you replace it i;e 30% or more.
6) When was the last time you cleaned your filter.
These questions are designed to give me an idea oof the conditions in your pond which may have a bearing on how your fish became infected.

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
For me personally, I found my fish in my skimmer box and I am fairly confident that he was scraping against the course filter. I had to pull him out and put him back into the pond. A week later he developed the fungus. So he probably scraped off his protective coating and irritated his scales which allowed the fungus to set in. I have had these fish for 5 years and have never had a problem nor have any of my other fish developed the issue. From the research I did almost every pond can have conditions to allow this to happen, it just takes a fish in a weakened state or an injury for something like this to set in. Also, having a certain amount of pond salt in your pond can help as well. You will of course need to determine what the recommended dosage is based on the product and size of your pond.

Reaction score
I got some fungus med and I been putting it in every day. I did clean the pond 3 times before I put the filter in and set up the bio filter.
I tried to catch him but I could not its clearing up today was day 5 with the meds thanks all

Ask a Question