My goldfish pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Burrrrr. It's cold here!! The waterfall and aerator are working good despite temps in the mid teens the last few days.
IMG_20141118_194452_900.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks pretty frozen there Keith..................did you get dumped on w/the white stuff big time overnight or was that just in the Michigan area?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I think he probably didn't get much snow, because my sisters in Milwaukee, WI (southern WI, and Keith is in northern, IL) only got a couple of inches. I got same down here in south central IL. All gone now, though. But, Keith is near the Lake, so maybe he got more than WI friends!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
JW. We only got a light dusting, but a lot of wind and really cold. It looks like the big snows were from lake effect snow which was east of here. We were in Madison, Wisconsin over the weekend and saw about 3 inches of snow. We saw a great show while we were there "The Wisconsin Singers"
http://www.wisconsinsingers.com/ CE you should tell your sisters to see them in Wasau this coming weekend!

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad to hear you were spared for now anyways Keith and nice you had a fun trip in WI at the singing show.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
J.W. Thanks, Our niece was in the show so it made it extra special. Haha, you guys are too funny. All the big snow was east of Lake Michigan because the winds picked up all the moisture coming up from the Lake and made it into snow. It has been really cold. Not really fair for November but ......where do you go? Breaking news, it's going up to the 40's this weekend, better go look for the sunscreen!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well back to the teens last night so the hot spell (40's) did not last long. I'm not looking forward to the winter! My pond is very status quo. The waterfall is running good, but the airfilter hole is closed up. I don't think there will be much to post pictures about until spring with the pond covered in ice by over 95% now. We are looking to move again but into the city this time so I need to find a nice urban sized yard for a pond as part of the process.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh no you have to leave your pond behind. Hope you find just the right spot for a new one in the new place. Remember that should be your most important feature to think about in getting a new house. Forget about how many bedrooms or anything else :LOL:

Ask a Question